July 2012 Weddings
Options

What do you think of this time frame for ceremony and reception?

My wedding starts at 2:00pm and its a full mass (catholic) so it should end by 3:15-3:30. Then my wedding party will stay for pictures. We should leave by 4:00pm and arrive at the yacht by 4:45pm. (45 min drive from ceremony to reception) My guests will probably leave right after the ceremony and should arrive at the yacht by 4:00pm.

My only concern is that I have a 1hour time gap. My guests cannot board the yacht until 5:00pm. Is this too long of a gap? I definitely do not want a gap but there may be another wedding on the yacht prior to us so the crew needs time to clean up. Ideally I would like my guests to be able to board at 4:00pm but I don't think its possible. My reception is only 4 hours-5:30-9:30. The yacht leaves at 5:30 ideally, but it can leave later if we are waiting for more guests. Also, my guests can walk up and down the boardwalk and look at the shops and there's even a bar on the boardwalk.

I personally wouldn't mind a 1 hour gap. Would you mind a 1 hour gap? I have read a lot of different opinions on gaps on TK and it is well hated.

Re: What do you think of this time frame for ceremony and reception?

• Options
    I'm going to take photos after the ceremony in the church then once we get on the yacht we will take photos while everyone is having coctails and appetizers. I hope it all works out as planned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards