New Jersey - South

Suit Rentals or Purchase Deals?

Has anyone had any luck or have any suggestions on where we can do suit rentals for the groom's side of the bridal party?
My fi really wishes to wear a three piece suit (with vest) rather than a tux... and I completely agree mostly b/c its just more him :) and tuxes can be too shiny to me.

Anyway... we're really struggling to find places to rent suits.  Of course we don't even live in NJ where the wedding is (neither do most of the groomsmen) but could always just have everyone send their measurments.

OR we've fancied the idea of buying the groomsmen their suits as their gift... if anyone has worked any good deals anywhere... please let me know!

thx :)

Re: Suit Rentals or Purchase Deals?

• OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    When FI and I go to pick out his suit for the wedding we will be going to Men's Warehouse.  They usually have a free suit/tux rental for the groom if you rent at least 3 other suits/tuxs.  You should be able to find your 3 piece suit here.  They are also a chain, so you should be able to find all the locations online (not sure if they are in DC) but hopefully your groomsmen could go to their local Men's Warehouse for measuring, etc. 

Another option would be to stay on the look out for buy 1 get 2 free suit deals, if you want to go the purchasing option.  This is ideal if you have 6 suits to buy, because you are only purchasing 2 suits.  One thing to think about for this is what sizes are the groomsmen.  Will they be standard sizes?  If they are tall or have a little extra around the mid-section, it may cost more.  I thought about this for a groomsmen present as well, but one groomsmen is a body builder with huge arms and the other weighs a good deal of weight.  So we would probably pay a lot more due to the sizing of the suit needed.

Look for Men's Warehouse, Jos A Bank, or any major department store to have the sales on suits.
  • edited December 2011
    Would you be ok with letting each GM just wear their own black (or whatever color you wanted) suit? Most guys have/need a suit at some point in life. You can usually find $200ish suits at most places so it's really no different than renting a tux. Your FI can then pick out his own suit. Plus, their own suits will fit them way better.

We did this with our GM and you can't even tell they're not all wearing the same suit. We just specified a black suit with a pocket (for a pocket square) and a white shirt. We bought them their ties. They all looked great!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards