Maryland-Baltimore

help- wedding in less then 3 months venue problem

So on Christmas Eve we read in the paper that our venue is in foreclosure. I called them and they assure me they are still operating and are in the middle of a refi. I don't know what to do, I am so confused and stressed. Do we keep planning on having there (my heart is set) or do we pull our contract, start over and lose the $1000 (which we can't afford.) Does anyone have any type of advice to offer? I can't stop crying and need to be logical, my fiancee loves the place also and no other place sounds appealing to him either. Cry

Re: help- wedding in less then 3 months venue problem

• Oh goodness, that just plain sucks! I'm sorry you are so stressed. :( If I were in your shoes, I would probably stick with the current plan, and investigate other venues to create a Plan B and a Plan C. Hope for the best, and plan for the worst.
  • Thank you for your advice. I want to keep the current plan and guess I should start with a plan b. I just dont know how to hold my plan b??
  • This happened to one of my Friends, a while back call my former planner she handled the mess, as well, as an attorney I would have you put some things in your contract with them to handle it call her at 410-720-9767, I am on maternity leave, but she can help you,,
  • I would do the following:

1. call a lawyer

2. gather all your documentation (even try to make a phone call record by reviewing your phone bill)

3. if you have a contract, the documentation, history, and contract should all be part of the lawyer's review.  A lawyer (might?) review without a fee, and only charge if you have a case...

and...

4. Wedding Insurance (if you don't already have it) is designed to help in these sorts of cases.  Look into it.

Good luck!

E
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards