April 2012 Weddings

Bouquet Toss Song

When we started thinking about music for different events at the reception, fiance was a little bit at a loss for the garter toss song but liked the couple of suggestions I threw out.  Then I realized, "Oh shoot, I have to think of something for the bouquet toss."  I started racking my brain.

Within a minute of searching for the topic on the music board, I saw the suggestion of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and realized that this should have been a painfully obvious choice, I love 80's music and since I thought it would be entirely appropriate I did karaoke to the song at a bar on Bourbon Street on my 30th birthday.  Duh!

What songs have the rest of you picked out for the bouquet toss or other events at your reception?

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.

Re: Bouquet Toss Song

• So I totally havent decided on the toss song but was leaning towards Girls just wanna have fun or All The Single Ladies by Beyonce. The songs that have been decided on are, Bridal Party Entrance- Get this party started by Pink, First Dance- Save Me by Kenny Chesney, Father/Daughter Dance- I Loved Her First by Heartland, Cake Cutting- Wanna Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler(from the wedding singer), Last Dance- I Love This Bar by Toby Keith(sentimental reasons for this).
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Intro: "As Long As I'm Singing"-Bobby Darin
    First dance: "Your Song"- Moulin Rouge version
    F/D Dance: "My Little Girl"-Tim McGraw
    M/S: Dance- FI has not decided yet
    Cake Cutting Song: "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Hony Bunch)"-Four Tops
    Bouquet Toss-"Single Ladies"- Beyonce
    Garter Toss-still up in the air, but probably "Sexy and I Know it"-LMAFO or "Need You Tonight"-INXS
    Exit song- "Don't Stop Believing"-Journey
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Intro: We're still undecided but I like Good Life by One Republic
    First Dance: Marry Me by Train
    F/D dance: Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiowo'ole (shortened)
    M/S dance: FI has not decided yet
    Cake Cutting Song: Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Lepard
    Bouquet Toss song: Girls just wanna have fun by Cyndi Lauper
    Garter Toss: FI has no clue yet

We aren't really having a "last dance" or going away song....since we're staying at the same resort that the reception is taking place.
    I'm with you OP - Girls just wanna have fun has sort of been my anthem w/ my group of friends.  :)  It was the one obvious song for me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Song selection is a little stressful for me... it's nice to see other choices.
    Intro: no clue... ugh.First dance: "The Way I am" - Ingrid Michaelson
    F/D Dance: "In My Life"- BeatlesM/S: Dance- at the moment, FMIL is saying she wont do it because she's too fat and doesn't want people looking at her (she's overweight, but not that big. ugh again).Cake Cutting Song: "Do You remember"-Jack JohnsonBouquet Toss- not doing itGarter Toss- not doing it.Exit song- haven't decided.. I like Journey - Don't Stop Believin.  Also Lady Gaga You and I
  • rarditorardito member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I have been lazy with this part of planning...I have only picked the wedding party entrance, bridal entrance, and recession songs.  In fact, I don't even remember what song I picked for the recession but I know I emailed it to the DJ!  I told him to wing the rest of it because I don't really care what he plays.   We still have to pick the first dance song and parent songs though.  And I guess the reception entrance song...

ETA: the ceremony songs are all Beatles songs.  Blackbird, then Here Comes the Sun, then the one that I can't remember.

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Reception Entrance: Signed, Sealed, Delivered--Stevie Wonder

Cake Cutting: How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)--Marvin Gaye

First Dance: Smother Me--The Used

Mother/Son Dance: Hasn't decided

Father/Daughter Dance: My Wish--Rascal Flatts

Dollar Dance: I'm Bringing Sexy Back--Justin Timberlake

Garter Toss: Hasn't decided

**Bouquet Toss: Run The World--Glee Cast**

EEEE! =]

.:.109 days.:.

Photobucket .:.Marci.:.
    image Of 155 invited:
    image 74 Will rock out the night!
    image 11 Are party poopers!
    image 70 Are procrastinators!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_bouquet-toss-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:21f8719b-ed5c-47ff-b198-ac4af9841010Post:2bb263d6-ad49-428a-8e6c-ed29627ff569">Re: Bouquet Toss Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been lazy with this part of planning...I have only picked the wedding party entrance, bridal entrance, and recession songs.  In fact, I don't even remember what song I picked for the recession but I know I emailed it to the DJ!  I told him to wing the rest of it because I don't really care what he plays.   We still have to pick the first dance song and parent songs though.  And I guess the reception entrance song... <strong>ETA: the ceremony songs are all Beatles songs.  Blackbird, then Here Comes the Sun, then the one that I can't remember.</strong>
    Posted by rardito[/QUOTE]

<div>Love! Are they instrumental? What versions?</div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • I am an elementary school teacher so our garter toss song is "Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen..hehe

Intro: I've got a feeling" Black Eyed Peas
    F/D: Isn't She Lovely-- Stevie Wonder
    M/S: Simple Man-- Lynard Skynard
    First Dance: Bless the Broken Road-- Rascal Flatts
    Cake cutting: Hooked on a Feeling
  • <p>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_bouquet-toss-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:21f8719b-ed5c-47ff-b198-ac4af9841010Post:570c6310-6f78-42e5-b291-1e363971167c">Re: Bouquet Toss Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bouquet Toss Song : Love! Are they instrumental? What versions?
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

I had to copy and paste this from the email I sent my DJ haha because I couldn't remember. 

<a href="http://www.tcartermusic.com/products/Acoustic_Wedding_Guitar" rel="nofollow">http://www.tcartermusic.com/products/Acoustic_Wedding_Guitar</a>  this one has Here Comes the Sun (for what I will process in to)</p><p>and then Stephen Bennett does an acoustic of Blackbird (for what the wedding party will process in to)</p><p><a href="http://www.amazon.com/Blackbird/dp/B000QLQ91W" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/Blackbird/dp/B000QLQ91W</a>

The recessional song is just the regular version of "In My Life"</p>

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Intro: Undecided
    First Dance: "Just By Being You (Halo and Wings)" Steel Magnolia
    Father/Daughter: "Just Fishin" Trace Adkins
    Mother/Son: Undecided
    Cake Cutting: Undecided
    Bouquet Toss: "Good Girls Go Bad" Cobra Starship
    Garter Toss: Undecided
    Last Dance: "Don't Stop Believing" Journey

I have a silly question though, for the garter removal and then toss.. is it two separate songs? Or just one?
    As far as the Intro is concerned I was literally up half the night scrounging the interenet trying to find something! We definitely want a hip hop song that will give our reception the "party" atmosphere. Anything I suggest to FI he says "it's okay." I told him he needs to find one then lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_bouquet-toss-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:21f8719b-ed5c-47ff-b198-ac4af9841010Post:88250160-0ca7-4ed1-a171-bb426e21c426">Re: Bouquet Toss Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]Intro: Undecided First Dance: "Just By Being You (Halo and Wings)" Steel Magnolia Father/Daughter: "Just Fishin" Trace Adkins Mother/Son: Undecided Cake Cutting: Undecided Bouquet Toss: "Good Girls Go Bad" Cobra Starship Garter Toss: Undecided Last Dance: "Don't Stop Believing" Journey <strong>I have a silly question though, for the garter removal and then toss.. is it two separate songs? Or just one?</strong> As far as the Intro is concerned I was literally up half the night scrounging the interenet trying to find something! <strong>We definitely want a hip hop song that will give our reception the "party" atmosphere. </strong>Anything I suggest to FI he says "it's okay." I told him he needs to find one then lol.
    Posted by kriistinuh[/QUOTE]

<div>1. I think it's usually just one song, but I'm sure any decent DJ can blend 2 songs together failry well if you want it that way. </div><div>
    </div><div>2. How about "Without You" by Usher and David Guetta? I begged FI to consider this, but we'd had the Bobby Darin song picked for a while, and music is one of the few things FI is opinionated about. So I'll just put it on the must play list instead. </div><div>My other suggestions:</div><div>"Best Night"-LMFAO</div><div>"You Make Me Feel"-Cobra Starship </div><div>"Rock This Party"-Bob Sinclair</div><div>"This is How We Do It"-Montell Jordan</div><div>"Tonight" Keke Palmer </div><div>"The Anthem"-Pitbull and Lil John </div>
  • Hey, we've kind of got a Beatles theme going on, too! Our entrance is going to be to O-bla-di, O-bla-da and our first dance is going to be to In My Life. But then I ruin it for the F/D dance - What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. Oh well, I love that song! We haven't picked the rest out yet. I guess we need to get on that!!
    Visit OrangeCounty.Weddings.comWedding Countdown Ticker
  • All of you guys are making me feel so way behind on the song picking.

But I am using It's Raining Men by the Weather Girls for the bouquet toss. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_bouquet-toss-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:21f8719b-ed5c-47ff-b198-ac4af9841010Post:8068d882-1ee2-4876-a497-b2ad00711c8c">Re: Bouquet Toss Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was going to use Girls just wanna have fun for the bouquet toss but changed my mind (again lol) so here's my list of songs: BP Entrance: Beautiful People by Chris Brown Our Entrance: Don't Stop til You GetEnough - Michael Jackson First Dance: That's How Strong My Love Is - Otis Redding OR Here & Now byLuther Vandross F/D Dance: Havent decided yet, maybe somewhere over the rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole but i have to decide with my dad M/S dance: undecided but I know he wants to do something Elvis related Bouquet Toss - Ladies Night Garter Removal - Fever by Peggy Lee Garter Toss - The Distance by Cake <strong>Placement of Garter - Pretty Woman </strong>- Roy Orbison Cake Cutting - I wanted Grow Old wth you by Adm Sandler but my brother used it in his wedding and I don't want to copy them, even though my SIL said I could. I found out she's been saying things behind my back about me, so I'm sure that would just be something else to add to her arsenel so I think I will just go back to Reason to Love you by Meiko. But I'm sure I will change my mind about that too. Last Dance - I've Had the Time of My Life (dirty Dancing version) I feel like i'm forgetting something... lol
    Posted by faerylvr27[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I know you didn't ask for advice on this, but if I were you, I would either skip this or make sure that it's not going to cause problems for those who are not married but have dates coming along.</div><div>
    </div><div> At a friend's wedding, one guy who was not married but had a girlfriend there put the garter on another woman who caught the bouquet and it was awkward and she didn't like seeing that. I can't say I blame her. Her BF apologized to her but said he felt pressured and didn't realize his GF would get upset. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Just something to think about...

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_bouquet-toss-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:21f8719b-ed5c-47ff-b198-ac4af9841010Post:5a902a48-6229-4390-b3f6-54b0f56e9e08">Re: Bouquet Toss Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bouquet Toss Song : I know you didn't ask for advice on this, but if I were you, I would either skip this or make sure that it's not going to cause problems for those who are not married but have dates coming along.  At a friend's wedding, one guy who was not married but had a girlfriend there put the garter on another woman who caught the bouquet and it was awkward and she didn't like seeing that. I can't say I blame her. Her BF apologized to her but said he felt pressured and didn't realize his GF would get upset.  Just something to think about...
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

It's so funny you wrote that, because I was actually thinking about this on the way to work this morning. Since we are in our 30s, we do have a lot of married friends, and I was trying to think of who on the guest list was actually single. I know I extended a guest invite for FI's single friends, but since I don't know them that well, idk who is actually in a relationship or just casually dating. If it were up to me, I would skip the whole bouquet/garter toss altogether, but FI wants these traditions included. But hey, it's all in good fun, we're all grown and hopefully it doesn't cause any tension between people. I guess we'll see what happens. It's not like it has to get x-rated, (even R rated) right?
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_bouquet-toss-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:21f8719b-ed5c-47ff-b198-ac4af9841010Post:34bda535-9070-40d4-bc70-197eb5a71e17">Re: Bouquet Toss Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bouquet Toss Song : It's so funny you wrote that, because I was actually thinking about this on the way to work this morning. Since we are in our 30s, we do have a lot of married friends, and I was trying to think of who on the guest list was actually single. I know I extended a guest invite for FI's single friends, but since I don't know them that well, idk who is actually in a relationship or just casually dating. If it were up to me, I would skip the whole bouquet/garter toss altogether, but FI wants these traditions included. But hey, it's all in good fun, we're all grown and hopefully it doesn't cause any tension between people. I guess we'll see what happens. <strong>It's not like it has to get x-rated, (even R rated) right?</strong>
    Posted by faerylvr27[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>No, certainly not, but some people still might not be cool with their boyfriend lifting up a girl's dress and getting that close to her thighs, you know? And if she has a boyfriend there, what will he think? I'm pretty sure that me and my FI personally wouldn't care, but not everyone is as easy going about that kind of thing. I don't care about strip clubs but some women wouldn't want their FI going for his bachelor party. KWIM?</div><div>
    </div><div>It just depends on your friends. You know them and you have to judge how you think they'd handle it. If you think they'd be cool with it, then that's fine. However, if your FI wants the tosses done, you can still do the tosses without having the placement of the garter. This is what we're doing. 

</div>
  • mdphd-  I'm in the same boat. My FMIL doesnt want to do a Mother/ Son Dance for the same reason..I don't want to make her do something that she really doesnt want to do or won't feel comfortable doing. So I am actually planning to do 2 Father/ Daughter dances, with my Real dad and stepdad. My stepdad is actually a lot closer to me than my biological father. He's the one that has been there for me my whole life and is paying for all of the wedding expenses. I've asked him to walk me down the aisle and give me away, but I still want my real father to be apart of something so i've decided to just do 2 short dances.

Here are our songs so far:

Intro of Bridal Party:  Party Rock Anthem- LMFAO

First Dance: "Love of My Life" Duet with Sammy Kershaw and Terri Clark

Step-Father/Daughter: "Somewhere Out there" Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram (From the movie Fievel, this has sentimental reason. When him and my mom got married, I was 5 years old and we did a Father Daughter dance at their wedding to this song. Alot of the close immediate family will understand this song)

Father/ Daughter- Not sure. But need to find something short!

Mother/Son: Not doing it.

Cake Cutting: Sugar Sugar by the Archies

Bouquet Toss: "Man I feel like a Woman" Shania Twain

Garter Toss:  "Simply Irresistable" Robert Palmer

Dollar Dance: Lean on Me, Time of my life, The way you look tonight, She's got a way
    Last Dance: "Take me Home Tonight" Eddie Money

(The DO NOT PLAY list): Hokey Pokey, Duck Dance, anything with a conga line, and no Macarena
    Photobucket
  • II wanted Grow Old wth you by Adm Sandler but my brother used it in his wedding and I don't want to copy them, even though my SIL said I could. I found out she's been saying things behind my back about me, so I'm sure that would just be something else to add to her arsenel so I think I will just go back to Reason to Love you by Meiko. But I'm sure I will change my mind about that too. Last Dance - I've Had the Time of My Life (dirty Dancing version) I feel like i'm forgetting something... lol
    Posted by faerylvr27[/QUOTE]

My Fiance and I are using Old with You but we also considered "When I'm Sixty Four" by The BEatles; it has the same vibe and it might work for you :-)
  • Bridal Party Intro: With A Little Help from my Friends- The Beatles
    NewlyWed Intro: 'Bout Time- Louis Armstrong
    First Dance - First Day of my Life- Bright Eyes
    Father Daughter Dance - My Girl- The Temptations
    Mother Song Dance - In My Life - Ozzy (Tentative)
    Garter Take off/Throw- The Final Count Down- Europe
    Bouquet Toss- Girls- Beastie Boys
    Cake Cutting - Poor Some Sugar on Me- Def Leppard
    Last Song of the Night - Closing Time -Semisonic

FTW!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards