Arizona-Phoenix

Soooo Excited!!!

This isnt my first post but my first real post! We went from planning a Feb 2012 wedding to having a July 2011 wedding! Im so excited that we are starting this great journey. So far I have my dress (Davids Bridal) and have put down a deposit on the venue (Aldea). Now I have to figure out whats next!! (Sorry for all the !!s Im just so excited!) :)
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Soooo Excited!!!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Planning an Arizona wedding in the summer can be challenging.  This board can help you out with all that.  GL.
    Blog Planning Site Anniversary 2007- Fell down stairs, herniated 4 disks, Degenerative Disk Disease, Facet Arthritis Perfectly healthy previous to this fall. 2008- Diagnosed Hypothyroid 2010- Diagnosed severe Vitamin D deficiency and Chronic Mono 2011- Diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel, and Calcified Tendinitis in right shoulder
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Aldea's so pretty.  Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
  • teetee3482teetee3482 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!! Im glad i will have somewhere to vent and be excited!!! I know its gonna be hot but I think we can manage the ceremony wont be that long right????? Atleast the reception is inside!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Perhaps you could see if the venue could set up misters or something in the ceremony area?  I didn't tour Aldea, but from pictures, I seem to remember it being in a courtyard-type area?  If that is the case, misters might be totally doable (if they don't already have them set up) Also, fans would be a great idea.  I've seen people that have printed their program on the fan itself so it serves a dual purpose.  Other than that, definitely try to keep the ceremony as short as possible, provide water both before and after the ceremony, and make sure the reception room is nice and cool.

Congrats and happy planning!
    Anniversary
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jemmini has some great suggestions -- definitely look into those!  Not to be Debbie Downer, but I have to say that an outdoor wedding in Phoenix in the middle of summer sounds miserable.  :(  I would be worried about heat exhaustion/heat stroke, especially if some of your guests are older or from out of town. 

Have you thought about having the ceremony after dark, perhaps with a cocktail or desert reception in lieu of a plated dinner? 
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! for another Phoenix July bride -- we're few and far between!!

Our ceremony will be inside, but if you are outside, I would definitely consider looking into as much as possible to keep you guests as comfortable as possible (short of having your ceremony at 4am, I guess!).

Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • teetee3482teetee3482 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha ha ha ha :) Trust me I have thought long and hard about a July wedding!! We actually are looking into fan programs I love anything that can do 2 jobs in one! We are also looking into personalized water bottles. Aldea is so pretty and as soon as I seen I just knew that is where we will start our lives together as husband and wife :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, but I have to say even with water and fans I would be skipping your ceremony.  It will just be too hot.

There's no indoor space AT ALL you could use for the ceremony?
  • edited December 2011
    Although it's hot out, I'm sure if shade and water are provided your guests will be good through the ceremony. I go to lots of events during the summer where we are outside for a while, it's not ideal but it's fine.

• CellesCelles member
    edited December 2011
    Aldea has an indoor space. 
  • edited December 2011
    Oh.  Well in that case I would definitely not attend if I was just going to go there to stare longingly at the indoor space while I puke and try not to pass out.  Which I have done on several occasions.  And I grew up here.
  • CellesCelles member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_soooo-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:833c2b4f-cf35-4fd4-8445-1f2d15461453Post:3fd57699-3a18-4f75-bfb0-79e18bcb9be7">Re: Soooo Excited!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh.  Well in that case I would definitely not attend if I was just going to go there to stare longingly at the indoor space while I puke and try not to pass out.  Which I have done on several occasions.  And I grew up here.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

I've done that too -- most recently at a spring training game, where I passed out from heat exhaustion, came to, and then threw up all over our assistant controller's peanuts. 

I'd be skipping the outdoor July wedding, too.  Honestly, I can't figure out how the bride is okay with it, since that she'll be the one standing up for 10-20 minutes while carrying her on weight in tulle. 
  • edited December 2011
    The thing with "it will be a short ceremony" is this:  people like to arrive early.  So, if they get there 30 minutes early (not unheard of), the ceremony starts 5 minutes late (wouldn't be shocking) and goes 10 minutes, plus the time it takes for people to cycle out of the area and into the cocktail or reception area (I hope to god that's all indoors), that's nearly an HOUR in over 100 degree heat.  

People could seriously die.  Fo real.
  • LedZeppelinLedZeppelin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, I must have missed the part where you explained why it HAD to be outside when the venue you want has a perfectly good indoor space.

Fans and water bottles are not enough. July is miserable. As people have mentioned, people could get seriously ill. Particularly young children and elderly guests. How can people's health not be more important than your pretty backdrop?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to many July weddings in Phoenix without anyone passing out or dying. Although teetee may want to look into possiblities of holding it inside, being snarky and condescending is really unnecessary.

I am also having my wedding at Aldea-Oct. 18, 2012 Wink
  • edited December 2011
    You have completely changed my world view, dasni.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_soooo-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:833c2b4f-cf35-4fd4-8445-1f2d15461453Post:7092bc4f-f576-456d-a887-99da78554cbc">Re: Soooo Excited!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been to many July weddings in Phoenix without anyone passing out or dying. Although teetee may want to look into possiblities of holding it inside, being snarky and condescending is really unnecessary. I am also having my wedding at Aldea-Oct. 18, 2012
    Posted by dasni[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.

Congratulations to you as well!  =)
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards