Connecticut

Inn at Villa Bianca, Seymour, CT

Hi everyone,

Newly engaged (2 months!) and new to the Knot. I've been checking out CT venues and just saw Villa Bianca yesterday. It's beautiful, and the prices are incredible! But I'm having trouble finding reviews. Did anyone have their wedding here? Is it too good to be true?

Re: Inn at Villa Bianca, Seymour, CT

• denjen2011denjen2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My sister had her wedding in the Crystal Room at Villa Bianca. The food was great and the service was awesome! My sister said the banquet manager (Dillon or Devin?) was great with all the detail and even helped her find her photographer and DJ!  We are using the same DJ -different location though (free venue).

• kate212kate212 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there Sept 2011. So far they have been very helpful and nice and I LOVE the grounds there (for photos).
  • denjen2011denjen2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BTW-the DJ is Celebration Entertainment. Very professional and fun!!
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to say congrats and welcome to the boards! The ladies on here are great.

Good luck with your planning :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! One of my sister in laws got married there a few years ago and was happy with the foods and the service on the day of her wedding but she did have some issues with the management during the planning process.  Try www.weddingreports.com or www.weddingwire.com.
  • jlfrenkeljlfrenkel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice everyone. :) Took the fiance there today, and even he liked it. Surprised

I'm still collecting reviews, but I hope to book soon for 2012.
  • edited December 2011
    Never been to a wedding there, but I have had many work parties in the rooms there.  I always thought they did a nice job.

I know Vikki2Pay got married there a while back if you want to get in touch with her.

Welcome and Congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married there on 3/21/09

We got married in the chapel and had our reception in the crystal room.  I can't say enough wonderful things about it.

The day went smooth and we had no issues.  Even the weather cooperated at that day, it was beautiful high 50's and not a cloud in the sky.

There are pictures and reviews in my married bio, and if you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.
  • edited December 2011
    We'll be going there for a wedding on the 18th. If you're still looking for reviews - I'll let you know!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • clearlite9clearlite9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband is a wedding photographer and he has been there 3 times this year.  We have also been there many times as a guest for friend's weddings.  They are affordable, the food is great, the rooms are gorgeous(everyone always loves the staircases).  The staff is really on top of things and keep it moving.  The chapel is nice, but ceremony pics in there tend to come out bland only because of the bare white wall.  The bridal sweet is beautiful.  Other rooms at the Inn are nice, but I think a bit pricey per night for your guests.  The grounds are great for pics if weather cooperates.  None of the couples my husband has worked with this year have had any complaints about Villa Bianca.  Seems to be a popular choice for New Haven county.  If you pm me, I would be happy to send you a link to some pictures taken there this year.
  • edited December 2011
    Can you tell me the priced that they have there?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards