Military Brides
Options

I'm new to the military brides board!

I'm marrying a Marine in August. We are both young 20 and 19. He's a Lance Corporal for now. Is there anyone rules on what you can and can't do for a military wedding? We're having it at a church in our home town. But we want to be able to incorporate some military wedding aspects into it.

Re: I'm new to the military brides board!

• Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Well, he can't wear white trousers. He can't have a sword arch. 

Have you guys been through a deployment together? I always advise getting married after that, and maybe he'll get promoted and you can have a sword arch! Lol. He'd have to be John Basilone to get promoted to where he could wear the white trousers though (I mean he'd have to do like crazy amazing stuff on deployment to go from E3-E6 that fast).

Do you have any more specific questions? There are lots of things you can do. He can wear his uniform, you can get a cute miltiary cake topper, etc.

My FI is from Savannah, are you guys both from there?

I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011

no i'm actually from pennsylvania! i'm just going to school in georgia. we haven't been through a deployment. Umm i don't know what specifically, just what we could do to incorporate the marines into our wedding besides the uniform.

• Options
    edited December 2011

My Hubby wore his uniform, We had a cake topper that was a Marine and a Bride, We had Marine Corps & Navy Flags in centerpieces, and in the big christmas tree (We got married Dec 18th), You can find invitations with an EGA, the stamps we put on our invitations were a Marine and a Bride. You can get a Marine Corps garter, Have a Marine Corps themed groomscake, There are a million ways to incorporate the Corps into your wedding! Good luck!!

Photobucket
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Like Stan said, other than uniforms, there isn't much as far as ceremony and tradition that an E-3 can do.  You can add cake toppers and such.  I feel like I need to tell you not to go overboard.  It can end up looking very tacky if you do MC themed everything. 
    If it were me, I would keep it simple.  If he wants to wear his uniform, let him wear it.  Do the groom's cake in a MC theme and maybe a cake topper.  Maybe do a MC garter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to go all out with the MC theme, David's Bridal's website has a TON of things. I just got the Navy Garter, but they had the unity candles, garters, ring pillows, EVERYTHING you can think of! My DH and the 2 other groomsman wore their uniforms, and instead of giving our guests useless favors, we donated money to Operation Gratitude in honor of our guests.
    TEST
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Only thing military is his Navy Chief uniform....that is it. We are getting married in Botanical Gardens and doing traditional wedding. Wev are celebrating us, not the military.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards