Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Simple, natural venue

My fiance and I are looking for a simple, natural wedding venue in easterd PA (probably Bucks / Lancaster County area). For example, I am obsessed with the Ryland Inn in NJ, but it's too pricey for us.

We're looking for an early April wedding date with around 125 people. Preferably somewhere with a hotel on site, or close by. Budget can be $120-150 a person.

I'm having such a hard time finding anything other than country clubs and ballrooms, and would love any suggestions!!

Re: Simple, natural venue

• I'm from Montgomery County so these are the places I would suggest around here:  Barn on Bridge, Columbia Station (railroad station), Appleford,  and the Highlands.  If you're willing to have the main party in a tent, there are some really nice historic places around here that do weddings like  Welkenweir, Audubon House or Graeme Park.   Check out partyspace.com for venues and openings.  You should get lots of ideas there. 
  • We got married at the Cameron Estate Inn, Mt Joy. The outdoor ceremony areas are gorgeous and very natural, not created landscaped spaces. The food was about 65pp, and then they have a lot of drink package options, so well within your budget.
  • I recommend the Abington Art Center in Jenkintown. Lots of great natural beauty but with lots of options depending on weather.
  • OOH! you have to check out the Aldie Mansion in Doylestown.  Its a historic building, that can fit upwards of 200 people: but far from the ballroom/country club.  (http://partyspace.com/provider/detail/765 ) It is exactly what you are looking for.  It is elegant (more so than simple) but it is beautiful.  Im getting married there in June and absolutely fell in love with the outdoor space.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards