Louisiana-New Orleans

XP - Bridesmaids Gift Enough?

I am giving each of my bridesmaids $20 towards their shoes (silver heel of their choosing), and I am paying for their hair on the day-of. I'm not requiring them to have their hair done, but if they want to I will pay for it. And they all want to have their hair doe. Is this enough? Why do I feel like I need to give them something more? Should I?

Re: XP - Bridesmaids Gift Enough?

• I think it's better to give them one whole thing instead of giving them money towards something.  Also I wouldn't really consider either of these things gifts, because they are things that you want them to do or wear for your wedding.  It's definitely a nice gesture though.  Why would you offer to pay for their hair, but make it optional?
  • mdupon70997mdupon70997 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I have a couple of bridesmaids who are VERY picky about who touches their hair. So I made it optional. I told them that if they wanted it done I would pay for it. I'm not making them wear it in any particular style. For the two who do not want thier hair done I am giving them different gifts, each amounting to the same cost as the hairdo.
  • edited January 2013
    I think a gift that they can keep to remember the day is nice, but I'm also having trouble determining what to buy.  I've received earrings in a past wedding I was in, but other than jewelry, I was considering getting them a nice clutch or something to engrave with their name or initials.  Etsy has lots of cute purses or little jewelry dishes that aren't very expensive if you're trying to keep the costs down.  I'll let you know if I come up with more inspiration!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_xp-bridesmaids-gift-enough?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:8bf25103-f7bb-4a07-8e31-c35216c5253bPost:f14beaad-683a-4e68-8eef-b827c72e3a44">Re: XP - Bridesmaids Gift Enough?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think a gift that they can keep to remember the day is nice, but I'm also having trouble determining what to buy.  I've received earrings in a past wedding I was in, but other than jewelry, I was considering getting them a nice clutch or something to engrave with their name or initials.  Etsy has lots of cute purses or little jewelry dishes that aren't very expensive if you're trying to keep the costs down.  I'll let you know if I come up with more inspiration!
    Posted by TeamBLT[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>The jewelry dish is a great idea! I bought one from Etsy and I love it! Thanks. I just felt like I'm already spending $60 a piece on them for the shoes and the hair an dI have six bridesmaids and two flowergirls...</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_xp-bridesmaids-gift-enough?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:8bf25103-f7bb-4a07-8e31-c35216c5253bPost:ca0fd9b3-b4c3-4585-a35f-183182ba7ca6">Re: XP - Bridesmaids Gift Enough?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP - Bridesmaids Gift Enough? : The jewelry dish is a great idea! I bought one from Etsy and I love it! Thanks. I just felt like I'm already spending $60 a piece on them for the shoes and the hair an dI have six bridesmaids and two flowergirls...
    Posted by mdupon70997[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you..costs add up very quickly!!!! I got my bridesmaids pearl earrings from So Good on Decatur, I ordered them embroidered spa robes from weddingshop.theknot.com (DURING A SALE AND EMBROIDERY WAS FREE!!). I also asked each of them what their favorite bath product was from Bath and Body Works or Victoria's Secret and got each girl her favorite lotion and shower gel. I had 7 maids and was very grateful for the sales that I did manage to catch!!! Do what is in your budget! If you have time try to look online for discount codes if you are considering buying them another gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards