Wisconsin

Barn Wedding!

Hi All, 

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good "Barn" reception sites! My fiance' and I both would love a rustic wedding inside of a barn! We are looking to have a winter wedding on February 22, 2013, so it'd also have to be open during winter months. We are on a tight budget so it would have to be something affordable. We live in the Milwaukee area and know we'd probably have to travel a bit. If anyone has any suggestions or knows of any place please share =) 

Thanks in advance for any help, 

Lyndsey Jill

Re: Barn Wedding!

• Check out Holy Hill Art Farm in Hubertus. It's not actually at Holy Hill, it's just in the area. They have no catering restrictions and are very affordable...they have tons of decorations and tables that can be used. I'm getting married there next July and have been great to work with.
  • I just stood up in a wedding this past weekend in Poynette (just outside of Madison) called the Barn at Harvest Moon Pond. OMG was it beautiful and you can bring in your own booze and caterers :)
  • crazykatiemaecrazykatiemae member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Here are some pics of the place, which don't quite do it justice-it was even more beautiful in person :)
    http://michellecrossphotography.blogspot.com/2012/04/barn-at-harvest-moon-pond.html
  • There is a place in Deerfield/Cottage Grove that we looked at - Badger Farms is what it's called. They have a website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out Old World Wisconsin in Eagle and Trimborn farms in Greendale.  Also, Schlitz Audubon Nature Center in Fox Point.
  • Thank you everyone for sharing some places!! I've been checking into them =) Just emailed The Barn at Harvest Moon and really crossing my fingers they will be in our price range!!! 
  • oooh good luck!! they have the beautiful pond, some paths, barns and a rock wall type area to take pictures at too! also, they did a room block at the comfort inn in deforest and the hotel threw in a complimentary shuttle service for the ceremony and late night! :)
  • Thank you!! They called and we are so excited to go see the place!! We talked price and it's totally in our price range =) Thank you everyone for your replies I really appreciate it!! A special thank you to Katie Mae, without you I never would have found this place. 

Lyndsey
  • Awww you are most welcome dear! It is a VERY beautiful place and you will just LOVE it in person! Glad to hear its in your price range too! :) They have this staircase that my friend hung pictures up on and it turned out adorable! I can see if I can find some pictures if you want to get a feel for it decorated! :)
  • Check out Old World Wisconsin. The only downfall is that it does not have air conditioning so would be EXTREMELY hot!

Good Luck!
  • The Concord House in Sullivan is one of the best! we are having our reception there next september. its only $500 dollars for the whole buliding and you get a big room for dinner and then a huge room for dancing and there are 3 bars. you can bring in who ever you want to do your food to.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards