Flowers
Options

How rude.... I think

So, my wedding was a month ago, and of course I invited the people i work with to come, there is another girl that got engaged right after I did, and she is stealing a LOT of my ideas! I am flattered that she liked my ideas, but on the other hand... think of your own ideas-- I worked so hard on my wedding, I did alot of DIY to save money, but now she is just doing what I did and planned. She took my first dance song, my centerpieces and we even have the same DJ. Am I over- reacting? I know it is her day too, but where does the line get drawn? She originally made her centerpieces, and now that my wedding is done, she is doing the submerged flowers, like I did. I can't really say anything to her cause i want  her to enjoy her day, but I am frustrated that she can't plan her own one- of - a -kind weddings.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How rude.... I think

• Options
    future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does this belong in Flowers?

Your wedding is over, I think.  What does it matter?  It is her day also.  Stop playing the bridezilla role of "STOP COPYING ME" and get over it.  You had your day and whether or not she's taking your ideas....it shouldn't matter at this point.
  • Options
    lisab613lisab613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i can see being a little annoyed but it's not that huge of a deal. proably your guest lists don't have a ton of overlap, anyhow, and even if people have gone to both weddings, they'll know she's the one who "copied." ]
    remember, imitation is the highest form of flattery. she really liked your stuff, and maybe she's not showing it in a great way, but it must have really left an impression.
    Anniversary image<br
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can see why you would be annoyed however I will point out that...

1-Submerged flowers have been done for years. You weren't the one that "created" this idea which means you saw it somewhere and stole the idea yourself.

2- Where you the first person ever on the earth to use this DJ? He is a wedding vendor...of course he has done other weddings and will continue to do other weddings long after yours. You can't steal a DJ.

3- I'm curious to know the first dance song. If it is a song that isn't popular I could understand your frustration on this but if it something that is well known I say give it a rest. It isn't being stolen, it is being used by one more bride out of the millions this year that will use it.

EDIT: I also agree with PP. Your guest list isn't even the same. Any mutual guests will know she copied you.

So far nothing you have said makes me think that she is stealing anything. These things are things that, DIY or not, don't seem to be original ideas of yours. Get over this. She doesn't sound bad in this post...you do.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's not rude. if she can't think of new ideas that's her choice to copy yours. consider it flattering that you're ideas were so awesome that she wants to use them. and if there are the same people at both your weddings they will know that you did it first.
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Suz.

and um...why is this in Flowers?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree completely with the PP.  The ideas that she is "copying" are not at all original or unique...  You had your day, now let her have hers.   IMO your reaction is very childish. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They are right...let it go.  If you want to be a mean girl, you can tell everyone.  Then, they will have something else to talk about...the mean girl.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So far I have my venue set, my photog, my centerpiece idea, and a DJ in mind.  I'm copying at least 4 brides right there! Let it go, it's inevitable.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    LKING425LKING425 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree... let it go. You should be flattered that someone like you're ideas so much they want to incorporate them into their own special day. :)

Move on and join The Nest!!

BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

No, you are not being rude to be a little privately annoyed she is using some of your ideas.  It's only rude if you act annoyed or competitive with her.

Even if she tries to copy every one of your ideas, they will still look different.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards