Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Seating Chart Etiquette

I am doing a poster-sized seating chart that will be displayed for everyone to see where they will be sitting and will be alphabetized. However, I have friends that are boyfriend/girlfriend or engaged. Do I list them separately under their own last name or together under his last name? I also have friends who have children together but are not married. Since they have children together, do I list them together or still seperate them because they have different last names? I know the female and not her boyfriend, so do I list it under her last name just because I know her and not him? Lastly, I have a friend who is in a relationship with a woman who has children from a previous relationship. Do I list them all together, or do I list him under his last name and hers under her last name and put "and family" with her (example: Ms. Anne Smith & Family)? I really appreciate everyone's input!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Seating Chart Etiquette

• Options
    Hmmm...

Your seating chart is a little complicated :) But that's okay, you can make it work!

For your friends who have a boyfriend/girlfriend or are engaged, you could just list the name of the person you know & put + guest by their name - and not write the guest's name at all.

• Options
    I'm not sure if you already made a decision on this since your wedding is next week:

I would suggest using the name you put on the invitation or something similar.

Mr. John Smith and guest OR Mr. John Smith (2)

If John Smith has kids you can put Mr. John Smith and Family OR Mr. John Smith (5)

As for your friend bringing a woman with children, if you know their names you can list him on one car and her on another with the kids.  Mr. John Smith and the other card Ms. Susie Jones and family.  If you have room then you could put it on the same card.

The main goal is allowing an easy quick way for your guests to find their name and then their table.  The fine details get complex so I am sure whatever you decide will be acceptable. 
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you already made a decision on this since your wedding is next week:

I would suggest using the name you put on the invitation or something similar.

Mr. John Smith and guest OR Mr. John Smith (2)

If John Smith has kids you can put Mr. John Smith and Family OR Mr. John Smith (5)

As for your friend bringing a woman with children, if you know their names you can list him on one car and her on another with the kids.  Mr. John Smith and the other card Ms. Susie Jones and family.  If you have room then you could put it on the same card.

The main goal is allowing an easy quick way for your guests to find their name and then their table.  The fine details get complex so I am sure whatever you decide will be acceptable. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards