Options

Test... test... sibilance...

Re: Test... test... sibilance...

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hi Stinky!

Glad you're here .. I was gonna email you.  I got my first non-family/friend request for a photo shoot .. squee!

A complete stranger saw some of my photos & wants me (me!) to photograph her.

I'm scared out of my mind!

What does one charge for a first ever paying shoot?

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a Christmas miracle. Welcome back.

And, HE, that's awesome and exciting news!
  • Options
    **Stinky!****Stinky!** member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! And pricing is always tough. If I were you, I'd google other photogs in your area and get an idea of what they're charging. Since you're just starting out, I'd aim for the lower end, but don't sell yourself short. Do you plan on forking over the images on a CD, or will they have to pay for them separately? Figure that into your fee as well. Good luck!
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey.  Nice to see you round these here parts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_test-test-sibilance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:bd1e6079-5041-4722-83ed-2a1362c940e1Post:9bbb850d-f49d-4f9c-ad70-0368eeee9778">Re: Test... test... sibilance...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome! And pricing is always tough. If I were you, I'd google other photogs in your area and get an idea of what they're charging. Since you're just starting out, I'd aim for the lower end, but don't sell yourself short. Do you plan on forking over the images on a CD, or will they have to pay for them separately? Figure that into your fee as well. Good luck!
    Posted by **Stinky!**[/QUOTE]

I was leaning toward the images on the CD & if she wanted prints to add that to the fee.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let her know that your basic fee is X, and that you'll include the images on a CD for her to print herself for X plus Y. Or you'll have them printed (do you have a printer you use?) for X plus Z.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How exciting!!!!

Yeah, I would aim low since it's your first paying gig. Plus, you can use them to build your portfolio.

I would also ask her to give you some ideas on what kind of pictures she's looking for so, that you are both on the same page.

Good for you.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Stinky!! 

Congrats HE!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_test-test-sibilance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:bd1e6079-5041-4722-83ed-2a1362c940e1Post:220fd4fd-6233-481c-bf9d-badfe72b7bdc">Re: Test... test... sibilance...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let her know that your basic fee is X, and that you'll include the images on a CD for her to print herself for X plus Y. Or you'll have them printed (do you have a printer you use?) for X plus Z.
    Posted by **Stinky!**[/QUOTE]

Tks, Stinky .. that's sounds like a winner to me.
    Nola, I'm waiting for the client (squee) to get back with me.  All I know is she's doing this as a Xmas present for her girlfriend .. you read right.

So, yes, I'm piqued!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wait. Are these B-PICS? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Stinky, YGM.

BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.