Pennsylvania

Suggestions for Chateau Resort wedding packages

As the GM of the Chateau resort, our team is in the process of reviewing and updating our wedding packages and would love to hear your thoughts as to what you like and what you would change.

Longer cocktail receptions? Themed wedding packages? Menu suggestions? More packages? More customized options? Please let us know by posting here or sending us an email. 

We are located at the base of Camelback Mountain and have great views of Big Pocono State Park. So we are interested in hearing specific ideas on how that can be integrated into our events.

But anything is open for suggestions!

Thank you!

John

Re: Suggestions for Chateau Resort wedding packages

• edited December 2011
    My opinions and thoughts.

I am just now starting to plan my wedding for my second marriage so I was really quite interested in reviewing the Chateau Resort website and gathering information.
    I also found it extremely easy to navigate and visually appealing.

Here are the things I noticed/wondered about, strictly as a bride, while I was browsing your site.

I am on a budget and noticed that the prices for your wedding packages are not listed. For me, although I don't know about others - this gives me the "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" feeling. 

Second,the style and approach to the wedding content is geared toward a very specific type of clientele. This leads me to feel as though, if I'm not having a black tie affair my wedding won't fit in here. I think a lot of brides have a picture in their mind of what they want and want a venue to be able to cater to that. In my opinion, you have a wonderful opportunity here to expand your offerings to different styles/tastes. I do think that the "themed wedding" offering(s) would help to make it seem more inviting to those who don't care for the traditional reception.

The Big Pocono State Park would be prime for outdoor photos, outdoor weddings (overlooking such a fantastic view). Why not explore that as a more advertised alternative to the typical "white wedding" - I was only able to find one reference to outdoor weddings under the wedding tab. Can the wedding ceremonies be planned in the park separately and the reception at the Chateau Resort? If so, and depending on the requirements etc... this might be a good thing to offer to "set up" for the couple.

I am a little over an hour's drive from Tannersville, so information or lack thereof on a website can immediately make or break a possible venue for me. 

The menu is wonderful, but the package options are more limited than many I've seen. Including a few suggested menus might be helpful as well. As would prices on the optional selections. 

All around I think the most helpful for those of us on a budget would be options to fit the less extravagant buget and base prices that a couple can see. 

I do believe that making the park and view a selling point is simply a matter of letting people know it is there and then suggesting ways to use it that apply to them.  Even in the winter, when the park is closed, there is a rare photography setting. 

I also couldn't find a list of local vendors for other things like - DJs or Bands, photographers, videographers etc... I always like to know what other services i might find close by. I've only found a few places that will package with other vendors and discount the whole, but its nice to have that option.

I wish you the best in finding answers to help you move forward with your current goals!

Aimee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards