Wedding Woes

Any fun Super Bowl plans?

We aren't going anywhere and our team isn't playing, but OMG I'm planning to make some awesomely unhealthy food Sunday.

Homemade mozzarella sticks, chili, homemade corn dogs, possibly a taco ring, and of course wings and chips and dip.

We'll still watch the game, but I'm in it for the food.

Re: Any fun Super Bowl plans?

• WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    i'm coming to your place for the food.

what is a taco ring?
  • Normal taco stuff but in a ring of crescents.  I've never made it and I can't quite imagine taco+crescent, but I might try it.

• We have FIL's retirement party Sunday.  According to BIL it's perfect because the party ends at 4 and people can still make superbowl plans.  Except for those people that will be cleaning up then driving an hour home.  Not that we were invited anywhere but whatever.
  • No. Attire Hot party is this weekend, and I'm sure I will be tired from that.

• Apparently we're having people over.  DH told me last night.  Two problems with that:
    1 - he didn't tell me until after he invited people
    2 - it's not like we can really afford food or drinks for a party, seeing as DH still doesn't have a job.

*&%$)#%

• My IL's are watching DefConn Saturday night for us to go out. So they're going to bring him home Sunday and watch the game.  IDK what we're doing food-wise.  We may make steaks if it's not snowing.
  • WzzWzz member
    sorry, AF. ii'm sure you could just do simple things like cheese and cracker and a couple of homemade pizzas. i know poeple poo-poo on asking invited guests to bring something, but asking them to bring a 6-pack of their favorite beer or a potluck dish doesnt sound half bad.
  • We're going to fun couples house where they love football and I choose the winner based on beer or some other non-football related item.  They're doing a Greek menu.  We were planning on bringing sriracha chicken wings, but we had to change our plans for Saturday, so I think we're making nutella truffles Friday night for the bash.  Hopefully they make it to Sunday.
  • WzzWzz member
    how do you make nutella truffles? i have 3 jars of nutella and no idea what to do with them!
  • yours sounds better than mine Taw.

My parents are coming over (my sis is invited but probably won't drive down) to eat junk food.  The kiddo will go to bed by halftime :)

• I did a reverse AF. I made plans and just told DH. We are supposed to have people over but DH is "sick" and my mom is having a root canal tomorrow. So who knows.
  • That taco thing looks awesome.

Wz - to be fair, the people he invited over are our closest friends, so I'm sure they won't mind bringing something and don't expect anything fancy.   I suppose it's just the principle of the thing.  And that they have 3 kids.   Thanks DH.
  • If your definition of fun includes starting demo & reno of your friends' basement!  We might hit up another friend's party on the way home.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • WzzWzz member
    IM MAKING THOSE IMMEDIATELY.
  • That taco thing looks awesome.  then again I like taco pizza.

Af- have them bring something.  I don't know what to tell you on the kids. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_any-fun-super-bowl-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:455ffebd-6470-4961-9f84-559e4fab9cd1Post:e0c7ecf2-3959-46eb-850f-a3ef55677910">Re: Any fun Super Bowl plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently we're having people over.  DH told me last night.  Two problems with that: 1 - he didn't tell me until after he invited people 2 - it's not like we can really afford food or drinks for a party, seeing as DH still doesn't have a job. *&%$)#%
    Posted by AuntFlo[/QUOTE]

Sounds like my FI!! I've been asking him for over a week what we are going to do, to which he kept replying I'm sure our friend that always hosts games would do something. I asked him after work yesterday if he got ahold of our friend to which he replied, "oh yeah I actually invited people over here". Oy Vey! Good thing I like cooking and entertaining ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards