Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Picnic foods? Cookout style food?

We are having a rustic style wedding. We are doing hamburgers, brats, potato salad, and macaroni salad. I can't think of anything else to add to the menu. Any ideas would be extremely helpful!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Picnic foods? Cookout style food?

• Options
    Something with fruit or veggies -- green salad, fruit tray or fruit salad, cole slaw.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_picnic-foods-cookout-style-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:29c04b23-b639-48bd-82af-2cef06de4ea2Post:5af385cb-36e6-4a7f-9675-79cff9fa3db5">Picnic foods? Cookout style food?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having a rustic style wedding. We are doing hamburgers, brats, potato salad, and macaroni salad. I can't think of anything else to add to the menu. Any ideas would be extremely helpful!
    Posted by carilynn92[/QUOTE]

I would add some fruit salad, a green salad and maybe a veggie tray.  Also, consider doing a cheese/cracker tray.  Do you have a main dish item for your vegetarian guests?  Veggie burgers?    You can also add some chips and dips.
  • Options
    You could do it in the style of a build your own burgers and brats...beef, Turkey and veggie burgers and different types of brats and then a variety of sauces and toppings so each person can personalize their own Burger or brat...really makes the burgers and brats stand out for the main event! We did this for our engagement party and it was a BIG hit!! Some sort of pasta salad might be nice to add and fruit is also great! Baked beans are also a great addition to your combination as would be roasted potatoes and coleslaw! Grilled or roasted corn on the cob would be really yummy as well!! Hopefully I have helped and good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards