Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Blocking Hotel Rooms

So I have got to block hotel rooms today, we live in Arlington and although I think most the guest would like to stay out here should I still block some rooms in Fort Worth near our venue?

Any recommendations for hotels to block in Arlington?

Re: Blocking Hotel Rooms

• edited December 2011
    I blocked rooms near the chapel and then a block of rooms near my mother in law to be because most of the out of town guests will be from his side of the family.
  • mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We blocked near the venue. More of the events happened there, so it was easier. My parents hosted a dinner at their home for our family than came in town early the night before the rehearsal. They just drove. Of course, none of them flew in, so it wasn't an issue. If you're not sure, block some in both locations. 
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would block in both locations. 
  • tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on what part of Ft Worth you are talking about. My venue is in downtown and all the hotels that I looked at over there were requiring us to pay for rooms that weren't filled. I didn't want to take that risk, so we just did two hotels near the church
  • tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and I blocked at the Courtyard Marriott by the mall. It is being renovated or something and it opens back up in Feb and if I remember correctly, you wedding is in May so that should be enough time. The other one was in Mansfield so that may not work for you.
  • amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp... do both and let your guests decide. 
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards