Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Another tanning question

So I went today to start tanning... and got a four month membership (they had a special where if you committed to three months you got a 1 month free..) well of course the question about lotion came up....  I've always used lotion in the past but I don't remember them being so ridiculosly expensive...

Do you ladies use lotion?  If so what kind?  They suckered me into buying one that was $115 but even with my 25% off it was $85!  I sure hope it's worth it..  Either way... as bad as I know tanning is, it felt nice to get started.  I have a wedding to go to next weekend and my bpics coming up so I figured it was good timing.
Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary

Re: Another tanning question

• Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Oh jen, that's expensive. My Aunt owns a tanning salon and her most expensive lotion is the Snookie and JWow lotion at $50. She said other local salons are selling it for $85 and the cost isn't nearly that much since she is still making a profit. I'm sure it's the name that hiked the price up. BUT I'm in a very smal area and it's not a busy city so that maybe why it's less expensive here. I personally don't use lotion and my Aunt tells me I should to keep my skin hydrated. I just hate the smell and feel of it on me so I come home and shower and then apply normal lotion. What you should know about tanning lotion is that you shouldn't shower it off right away. Wait at least 30 min after you tan. I stopped tanning for 2 years because a cancer report I did for school scared me but I started in February only going once a week and started at only 6 min. Wednesday I went in her super bed at 17 min and didn't burn so I thought I'd go today again for some extra color.........yep burned! I'm so pissed at myself because I was so careful but it's my own fault, I went in 20 min. My face hurts! : (
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I got this tanning lotion called "celebration" one time and it was specifically for weddings. It turns your skin very bronze fast. Good if you are going to some kind of "celebration" and need a tan quickly. It was very expensive though...like $100 !!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That is really expensive for lotion.  Hopefully its good!  I had a tanning lotion that FI's sister gave me and I hated how it smelled, but I used it until it was gone anyway and I think it was like $30.  When it was out I ended up going to Ulta (a cosmetic store in Colorado) and bought this kind (CLICKY).  I really like it because I feel like it does a good job mosturizing my skin and isn't greasy. 

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
    imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website
  • Options
    The one I used to buy was around $60 but the one I have now was only $30 (the salon reccomended it). I hope it works well, what kind was it that you bought?
    Planning Bio updated April 16, 2012 Just Married!
  • Options
    The tanning salon I've gone to provides lotion free of charge so I have no idea what is good or not. If you want I could ask them at the salon what they would recommend.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I appreciate all the info...although I feel I probably could have bought lotion just as good cheaper somewhere else, I don't feel as bad anymore...

I feel like I need to put a lotion on when I tan...otherwise my skin feels super tight and dry. 

The lotion I got is called Black Noir (http://www.designerskin.com/catalog/new/black-noir). I do like the way it seemed to bronze after just one session and the price online is lower, but comparable to what I paid so I guess I didn't get ripped off too bad...lol...

I did try that Celebration lotion one time...I felt like it bronzed me too fast and wasn't a golden brown so I ended up returning it. 
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards