Florida-Central Florida
Options

hotel beach wedding, restaurant reception?

hi! i'm just starting to plan my destination beach wedding in Melbourne, FL. we're expecting 30-40 guests. i've been to other florida cities, but i know very little about the east coast. after a lot of research online, i've decided that the easiest and most efficient way to plan everything is to have the wedding ceremony at our hotel and hold the reception at a restaurant.

so far, i've contacted the hilton, radisson and crowne plaza hotels. for the reception, i'm leaning towards the chart house. what are your thoughts? thanks Smile

Re: hotel beach wedding, restaurant reception?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we have a chart house down the street on the potomac here in DC. It is great food, especially their blue crab dip.  They would be great for a reception because of the views of water.  Not sure you would have the whole place to your party though and they are generally expensive and probably not dancing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [ i used to live in DC so i know that nearly everything in that town costs more than usual. i always went out to eat at the benihana in Bethesda, MD because it was cheaper than the DC one! ;) ]

the packages offered by the chart house are surprisingly cheaper than the hotels i contacted. plus, since our guest count is under 40 people and everyone will be traveling a long way for our wedding, it would be nice to offer our guests a nicer meal. i've never been to the chart house but there's one here in town, and we plan to try it out. i need to ask them about indoor space, but they already sent me pictures of an outdoor tented reception which looks pretty nice.
  • Options
    JKLieneckJKLieneck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I grew up in Melbourne/Indialantic.  That sounds nice!  The drive from the hotels you mentioned to the Chart House is pretty short too.  Its a nice restaurant, so I don't have much experience with it to give you my opinion.

Good luck, feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the area. 

September 2011 Board - June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Pic of you and FH outside(we're usually in the water when outside)
    Wedding day: 9/10/11!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we picked the radisson! [fyi the hilton is pretty booked] i hope it's as nice as the pictures. i really like that travel from the ceremony to the reception will be minimal. my fiance and i appreciate that our guests are willing to travel to florida just for us and wanted to choose venues that were convenient.

i wonder if we should arrange for some kind of transportation for everyone for the reception or will it be easier to take a cab?
  • Options
    JKLieneckJKLieneck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I would arrange something.  Otherwise the guests or the hotel coordinator will have to call the taxi-companies on that day for them to come at a certain time. (In that area, there isn't usually a cab nearby you can just hail, you need to call ahead to have one come to you.)  I found that 'Cocoa Beach Shuttle' 321-631-4144 was very reasonable for a short trip like that (around $250) and they have various size busses to accomodate your needs.
    September 2011 Board - June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Pic of you and FH outside(we're usually in the water when outside)
    Wedding day: 9/10/11!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks! i'll add that to my 'to do' list.

*update* we went to the chart house here in town and it was awesome! the lady i'm working with at the melbourne location even called the restaurant here in town to let them know that we were coming, so the manager and head chef both came out and talked to us for a minute. the food was great and so was the view, i'm really excited about having my reception there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards