Moms and Maids

Cute ideas to ask Flower Girl

I want to come up with a cute way to ask my fiance's niece to be our flower girl.  She lives in South Carolina and we are in Texas...So however I do it, it will most likely be mailed, since we don't see her all that often. (she's almost 5)

Also, both of our nephews will be our ring bearers---should I come up with something cute for them---the will be about 2.5 at the time of the wedding---so I know if they actually make it down the aisle it will me a miracle.

Thanks for any and all tips/ideas! Laughing

Re: Cute ideas to ask Flower Girl

• briawnabriawna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Asking the RB in a cute way will probably be totally lost on them, because of their young age.  I would do something commemorative that they will have for years to come, so when they are older they can cherish it, like an engraved frame that you can put a wedding pic of you and them in later.

For the flower girl, there is a really cute book on this website in the weddingshop about being a flower girl.  A picture book will help her understand what being a flower girl is all about.  We got the ring bearer book for our 4 year old ring bearer.
    You could mail her the picturebook with bunch of those silk rose petals (a couple bucks at a craft store) and she can "practice" sprinkling rose petals!!!
  • tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This may seem like common sense, but whatever you do, make sure you ask the parents first.  You don't want to ask the kids and then find out later that the kids can't be in the wedding.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_cute-ideas-ask-flower-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:fbe81d33-296d-4b45-b903-2c0195a464d8Post:702a70d4-14c5-4cdc-b7c6-77a589317caf">Re: Cute ideas to ask Flower Girl</a>:
    [QUOTE]This may seem like common sense, but whatever you do, <strong>make sure you ask the parents first</strong>.  You don't want to ask the kids and then find out later that the kids can't be in the wedding.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

Thats the first thing I was thinking too.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I just asked the parents and that was it. Of course we got them a gift, but I think sometimes all these fancy ways of asking FG's, RB's, and BM's is just a way for the wedding industry to make even more money. As if they don't make enough money already.

OP: that is some pretty big font, we can read normal sized font just fine
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't need a "cute" way to ask.  After her parents have given the green light, then you can ask her.  I teach 4 years olds.  Most little 4 year old girls know what a flower girl is and are thrilled to dress up like a princess.  There is a cute little book about being a flower girl that you could read to her, and at the end of the story, ask her to be yours.

You really don't need "keepsake" anythings.  They are completely lost on a 4 year old who have no sense of time or permanency at all.  Things like that are, and I agree completely with Missy, yet another wedding industry notion to make you spend money on unneccessary "stuff".
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_cute-ideas-ask-flower-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:fbe81d33-296d-4b45-b903-2c0195a464d8Post:2cf390e6-87b5-421a-b789-c46a28b593e6">Re: Cute ideas to ask Flower Girl</a>:
    [QUOTE]You don't need a "cute" way to ask.  After her parents have given the green light, then you can ask her.  I teach 4 years olds.  Most little 4 year old girls know what a flower girl is and are thrilled to dress up like a princess.  There is a cute little book about being a flower girl that you could read to her, and at the end of the story, ask her to be yours. You really don't need "keepsake" anythings.  They are completely lost on a 4 year old who have no sense of time or permanency at all.  Things like that are, and I agree completely with Missy, yet another wedding industry notion to make you spend money on unneccessary "stuff".
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

100% agreed with Trix - read her response and pretend I said it, too.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • edited December 2011
    "adre426"- This is to funny, I live in Texas and my flower girl lives in South Caroline, but she is 3. How Cool!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards