Missouri-Kansas City
Options

DIY Invitations

Is anyone else making their own invitations? I'm trying to find someplace (online or not) where I can get a good deal on a bulk amount of paper and/or envelopes.

Re: DIY Invitations

• Options
    wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made all of my save the dates, and am in the process of making my invitations, programs and anything else that is paper.  I ordered everything off of cardsandpockets.com when they had their 25% off sale last fall.  Some other sites you might check out are papersource.com and envelopemall.com.  They're all cheaper than buying them separately at Hobby Lobby or Michael's.  You could also check out Archiver's in Overland Park.  I heard that they might be having a sale. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Cards and Pockets for mine, and they've been great (and really affordable, even without the 25% off sale).  You might also try www.paperandmore.com.
  • Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sites I would check out:

http://pinkdesignevents.blogspot.com/ (have her make your monogram/invite/program/whatever & upload/print from Vistaprint.com - they're also known for great deals)

-Archiver's  - they're always sending out e-mails with different % off and they have things specifically for DIY invites

Cardsandpockets.com, as mentioned by PP. I will probably not be using them but I have heard a lot of great things about them from the gals on my month club board.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got most of the paper for mine at Archivers, mentioned by PP, in a buy 10 get 10 free sale this weekend.  I bought 200 sheets of 8.5x11 paper in the perfect colors for $41!

I'm also creating my own pocketfold envelopes using a really easy tutorial and saving a TON.  The cardsandpockets.com envelopes are around $1 each, and I'm spending $1.49 per sheet of artists paper [19"x25"] at hobby lobby, which will get me paper for 5 envelopes each.  Only 30 cents per pocketfold for me!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting my envelopes from Xpedx store (there is one in Overland park, KS off of 95th) They are like awarehouse, but they carry specialty papers and stuff, and their prices are really reasonable.
  • Options
    kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips! I've ordered half the paper and envelopes from a local store, but am still looking for the second shade of paper and matching RSVP envelopes. I ordered samples from cardsandpockets and Paper Source. If those don't work than I'll probably end up at Archivers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im diy with my invitation...more or less.  I bought invitation kits from joann's using their 50% off coupons.  Normally they have 40% coupons which you can print on line, and save a bundle.  My invitations will end up costing less than a dollar each (not including the stamp).  I am gonna personalize them a little but still saving a bunch

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We made all of our invite and response cards.  We did a layered invitation, black cardstock with a piece of pink paper on top of it (the pink was cut to have a 1/2 inch border of the black all the way around...the pink is what we actually printed our message/invite on) then we tied a frosted clear page with an elegant swirly design on top of that.  They turned out awesome!  I even bought a stamp that said "Toadily Handmade" with a little toad on it and embossed the back of each one. 

Anyways, I went to Hobby Lobby when they have their paper on sale, it i usually buy one get one 1/2 off.  You can get black or white card stock in a pack of 50 full sheets that you would have to cut fairly cheap (we just cut the card stock pages in 1/2).  I believe my packages of cardstock were maybe $6-7 for the package of 50, my pink pages were around $0.20 a piece and the frosted clear was $0.75 max.  (then you get the 2nd one at 1/2 off...not too bad).  Then you just have pick what else you would like to do or how you would like to do it and go from there.  Only down side is having to cut all of the paper, but I have a friend from work who does a lot of crafts and had the best paper cutter she let me borrow.

As far as our response cards we sort of cheated and bought large white packing labels and printed our "kindly respond by..." on them then cut more black card stock (we were able to get 5 response cards out of 1 sheet of cardstock) with a 1/2 inch border.  Then I had picked up some little pink cut out flowers and glued them in the top left corner of each one.

Hope that helps some...as far as the envelopes I got some plain white ones from office max.  Boxes of 100 fairly reasonable.  I have a picture of my invitations (just not right now...I am at work) let me know if you would like to see.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards