March 2012 Weddings
Options

Shower

Hello. I don't want a bridal shower, because FI and I live together, and we have everything already. So there's no need for it. I told my mom and MOH when we finally have a baby, they could throw us a huge baby shower rather than bridal shower. My moh last night, asks, "I know you don't want a bridal shower, but what about a money tree shower?" I said, "What's that?" She explained, that she gets a small tree and sends out invitations with a coin envelope in the invitation. People then put money (Any amount) in the envelope, and then it says "From" on it, and she would hang the envelopes from the tree. Later on, the money would go towards our honeymoon. Right now we weren't going to go on one because its so expensive, so the thought would be nice to have some cash to go somewhere for a few days! So, I told her, "Wow, I've never heard such a thing, it sounds great!!!!" Then, I slept on it. Now today, I feel funny about it. I don't want to burden people with having to give us money to go somewhere!!!

What are your opinions about this? Have you ever heard of this kind of shower?

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
90 image Are ready to party
47 image Are missing out
0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image

Re: Shower

• Options
    I'm sorry but sending out envelopes for people to send money is incredibly rude and tacky.  Please don't allow your MOH to do this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks... thats what I am thinking too!!!

47 image Are missing out

RSVP Date 2/15 image
  • Options
    Ditto Hoboken. . .
  • Options
    I would not do that. If somebody sent me that, I would just throw it away. Incredibly tacky.
  • Options
    Yeah, I really wouldn't do that. If you want to do a honeymoon registry I think that would be okay since they would have an option to do that or buy something off another registry. Sending out an invite just seems a little tacky to me.
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto other posters that said don't do the money tree. Don't do the honeymoon registry either. Register for what you want/need. There will be people that give you cash either way, and you can put that into a savings account for your honeymoon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Thanks girls, I know its a tacky thing! I told her how I felt, and she said ok, but she had already booked a place.... so now I need to go register! LOL. So much for listening to the bride!!!

47 image Are missing out

RSVP Date 2/15 image
  • Options
    In my family I have 8 aunts that throw the showers. One time they made a money tree out of cash for a present from the 8 of them. As a gift its one thing, but i wouldn't send out requests to guests.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:5c31ce5c-63c1-49fb-b262-d6743629e5e5Post:d5bb9334-4912-4831-b3e5-452bfae256ac">Re: Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would not do that. If somebody sent me that, I would just throw it away. Incredibly tacky.
    Posted by kamarks08[/QUOTE]

<div>This!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards