Texas-San Antonio
Options

HEB Flowers

Do they do a good job?
I want to spend less on flowers than other parts of the wedding; my budget is going mainly towards the venue which is already beautifully landscaped (outdoor wedding) and the food and live music so flowers is where I am trying to save some money but I still want a nice product.
Does HEB fit the bill?
If not, any recommendations greatly appreaciated.
Also what is a reasonable price for flowers for wedding; just an average would be great. Got one bid for over 3,000.00 and this seems a bit much but maybe it's not?? Don't really know.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Re: HEB Flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Travis Wholesale has really nice flowers...but then you have to put them together yourself. I
  • Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that HEB does great work, but they are about the same as other florists when it comes to price. If you are willing to DIY, Travis is a great way to go. Just buy in bulk and assemble them yourself.

I used Flower Forrest and we got a LOT of flowers for $1300. The majority of their business isn't weddings so their prices weren't as inflated. DeVinnie's Paradise is also good with working within a budget. I REALLY wanted fresh flowers but I didn't think paying more for flowers than other parts of the wedding made much sense, so I bargained and compromised to get them to an afforable price. We have 13 guest tables, so on 5 I will have large tall floral centerpieces, 4 tables will have medium/full low centerpeices, and the rest of the tables will have petals and candles. My bouquet I did NOT skimp on, but the BM's will have small bouquets with just a couple flowers to match mine.

ETA: I forgot to mentions Sams Club! They sell prearranged packages that you can view online and you don't have to be a member to buy flowers from them I believe. I have seen the flowers in store and they always look good, but I haven't seen wedding flowers in person before. A lot of girls on the budget board used them and were very happy with the quality and price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought all my flowers from fiftyflowers.com I  made my bouquet, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 7 boutonniere and all the centerpieces (15) All for less than $600.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    call Jen at budget bridal. She was half the cost of HEB. My bouquet is around $50 when other charge $80-250 for the same.
  • Options
    I have a great guy that does flowers....so cheap! Just give him a pic of what you like or looking for and consider it done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards