New Hampshire

honeymoon info

Hi Gals,

I was going to post this to honeymoons, but you are all more helpful than the gals on the big blogs :)

For those of you who already honeymooned, where did you go?  Did any of you go during hurricane season?  Use a travel agent?  And if you do not mind me asking, around what ballpark did you spend for the honeymoon?

We are looking at Mexico (playa del carmen) for Sept. but it is hurricane season, so we are a little nervous about that.  Our back up plan is Aruba, as it is out of the hurricane belt, but it is more expensive and seems to have less to do. 

Anybody have experience with Aruba?  Or Mexico during the hurricane season?  Any information would be helpful, from both married ladies who went on their honeymoons already, or anyone planning theirs, or anyone who has been to either of these places.

THANKS!!

Re: honeymoon info

• dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gone on mine yet, but I can tell you were going to the Bahamas in April.  We didn't use a travel agent, just booked through the resort website.  I don't remember the final amount, but I believe the range was around 3-5k for 8 days with airfare, food and drink inlcuded.  (Were heading to the Sandals in Nassau)
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a 7-night cruise to the Southern Caribbean, we didn't use a travel agent FI booked with Carnvial directly on the phone. We are looking at about $3K for the cruise (including Balcony room on a higher deck) shuttles, excursions and flights from Boston to Puerto Rico.
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • edited December 2011
    We're headed to Cozumel in April.  We're waiting to take the honeymoon, for budget and stress reasons.  Planning and paying for the wedding was all we could handle at the time, and wanted to have something else to look forward to after the excitement of the wedding was over.  Best decision ever. 
    We booked the trip through one of DH's coworkers who is a member of the resorts we'll stay at - with airfare (which DH booked online) we're spending under $3000. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards