Maine
Options

DiMillio's- Opinions? Reviews?

Hi Everyone,

I am recently engaged and starting the planning process- My fiance and I would like to host our reception (of about 100-120ppl) In Portland, preferably the Old Port area. Has anyone used DiMillio's or attended an event there? If so, I'd love some feedback. Other suggestions for that area are welcome too!

Thanks all!

K

Re: DiMillio's- Opinions? Reviews?

• Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!

My FIL and his wife had their reception there, but that was about a year before I even met my H.  They really wanted us to have our reception there, but they were way out of our price range.  I think he was able to negotiate their per person price since it was a daytime reception, but I have no idea what he did for that.

We also looked into The Portland Company on Fore Street - they have a bunch of different rooms and are pretty rustic.  They're the type of place where you have to rent EVERYTHING, which is the main reason why we didn't go with them.  We also considered Mariner's Church Banquet Center (above Old Port Billiards).  There prices were very reasonable and there's an amazing view since it's on the top floor.  I've been there for a work-related reception before and was very impressed.  This place was #2 on our list but we ended up factoring in a few family needs and decided to go with a place connected to a hotel instead.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Maine PlannerMaine Planner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a huge fan of Ri Ra's in Portland - we had our reception there and it was awesome!  They do such a great job and their prices are the best in the area!  I've been to DiMillo's before - I thought it was nice - but for the price they charge I can't say I could justify it.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all- Very helpful!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As a restaurant in general I think the food is very bad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards