Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

DYI Flowers?

I bought the vases for the centerpieces! Now to see where I will get my flowers from. Where did you find the best deals on your flowers?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DYI Flowers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a wholesale flower market in Fort Worth. You can also check out Sam's club, a couple of Knotties have used them successfully. Before I picked a florist, I was planning on using fiftyflowers.com for my DIY flowers. The thing that scared me away was that there is a ton of supplies that you also have to think about. There's floral tape, foam, ribbon, the pearl needle things, a dethorner (for roses), clippers, flower food, etc etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to find some unique flowers check out Central Market!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to the wholesaler in Ft. Worth this weekend to check out prices and options.  If they don't work out, Central Market is my next choice, followed by Tom Thumb.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    rickyanderikarickyanderika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!! Ill check out wholelsale, I was also told they have classes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Sam's Club in Denton.  If you decide to go there, talk to a lady named Pam.  She was very insightful about how they whole thing worked.  And the prices are very reasonable too!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • Options
    rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I DIY flowers and did LOTS of research.

Let me tell you, if you're looking for a wide variety of flowers fiftyflowers.com is probably your best bet. The Flower Connection (or whatever it's called) in Ft. Worth is very expensive compared to that website. They do offer the classes, so I would take the class but order the flowers through fiftyflowers.com.

However, if you're looking for a few different types of "normal" flowers trust me when I say this, you WILL NOT beat the price of Sam's. I got 700 Ecuadorian white roses for $530 (including the renewal of my membership). The shipping was free. While I was unpacking them there were about 7 that broke in shipping, but 693 were fine. The shipping is very good and when they say the flowers are going to be there are 8am, they will be there.

The one major thing I would recommend is if your wedding is Saturday night have the flowers delivered on Wednesday so they have plenty of time to hydrate. No sooner, no later - Wednesday.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards