New York
Options

What song...

Is a must have?
Is a must NOT?
Would you love to have played if it wasnt so anti-wedding (about cheating, breaking up, etc)?

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: What song...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... the first 2, can't think of anything off the top of my head besides all the ones we have already given our DJ....
    Not so much wedding appropriate....
    Looking for a good time- Lady Antebellum
    totally about a one night stand, but I just love it!!!  We'll probably play it anyway, because I am so classy.  ha!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Monica thats mine too!!!! I am so in love with that song!

Must have: Cuban Shuffle (yes i seriously love it)
    Must Not: Macarana (I love to dance...but thats not dancing...its stupid)
    Inappropriate: 'Lookin for a good time' OR 'Red High Heels' Kellie Pickler (about goin on and hookin up b/c you got dumped haha)

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lmao... I was SOOOO thinking those exact two...
    I LOVE the shuffle... such a dork!!!  And I will totally dance the entire song!!!
    HATE the macarena.
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh- have another somewhat inappropriate, but fun song....
    don't know the name, but it goes
    "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife"

Super fun.  lol.
    We have it on the play list for the party bus.  Tongue out

Also fun, Little White Church by Little Big Town.  Also on our playlist. 
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Love both of them!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanna play!
    Must have: Just You and I (it's my parents' song)
    Must NOT:  I can think of two off the top of my head...Brick House and Love Shack.  I really cannot stand either of them.
    Inappropriate... "Looking for a Good Time" is a great song!  I guess I should be paying more attention to things like this  ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Must: What a Wonderful World

Must not: Shots -- forget who it's by; my FI keeps teasing me that we have to play it at our wedding, but I refuse

Also, a random must not that we are considering using as our First Dance b/c it has sentimental value for us: a Hawaiian version of Nothing Compares 2 U (about a break-up but when it's in Hawaiian, you don't know the words and it's SO pretty!)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:82d56f58-06ec-46bc-9163-50b82905c063Post:82662064-ae68-4d21-b086-da9734443424">Re: What song...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Must: What a Wonderful World Must not: Shots -- forget who it's by; my FI keeps teasing me that we have to play it at our wedding, but I refuse Also, a random must not that we are considering using as our First Dance b/c it has sentimental value for us: a Hawaiian version of Nothing Compares 2 U (<strong>about a break-up but when it's in Hawaiian, you don't know the words and it's SO pretty</strong>!)
    Posted by sbolger17[/QUOTE]

Thats freakin awesome! Love it

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LMFAO is who sings shots just in case you want to add that to you r do not play
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:82d56f58-06ec-46bc-9163-50b82905c063Post:158a40b0-bd54-4c09-8b22-e5f6aa7bd838">Re: What song...</a>:
    [QUOTE]LMFAO is who sings shots just in case you want to add that to you r do not play
    Posted by boofrickity11[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I don't know if I'll go that far (probably by next Sep it'll be out of fashion), but I'm def not letting him put it on the Must Play.  :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I got bored with the radio last night and decided to put Carrie Underwoods' newest cd in. My favore song ever on there is "Songs Like This" ("Wanna find some boy, rip his heart right out. First man I see, gonna take him down...")

Yup, add that to my 'want it but inapropriate' list!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    the classic meatloaf song.... I would do anything for love... but i wont do that......
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards