Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Displaying our nerdiness in our recessional :)

FI and I are nerds to say the least, and we're trying to incoporate our various silly obsessions into different parts of the wedding.  I spent the weekend playing with Finale (a music writing program) and listening to way too much Zelda music, and I managed to transcribe the main theme into a string quartet version.  That's going to be our recessional.  I'm kind of pumped on a ridiculous level for this, and I just had to share :)

Re: Displaying our nerdiness in our recessional :)

• Options
    My FI asked if we could use the Imperial March as our enterance song...I love it and him enough to say we could lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_displaying-our-nerdiness-in-our-recessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:e28074a1-f4c0-49c6-a545-f92213e9de0aPost:6f00c7f1-7d35-48be-81f4-69cec693346f">Re: Displaying our nerdiness in our recessional :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI asked if we could use the Imperial March as our enterance song...I love it and him enough to say we could lol
    Posted by futuregabriel[/QUOTE]

HA, I love it.  You also get credit for having a sense of humor and loving even his geeky side.  Props to you!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_displaying-our-nerdiness-in-our-recessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:e28074a1-f4c0-49c6-a545-f92213e9de0aPost:6f00c7f1-7d35-48be-81f4-69cec693346f">Re: Displaying our nerdiness in our recessional :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI asked if we could use the Imperial March as our enterance song...I love it and him enough to say we could lol
    Posted by futuregabriel[/QUOTE]

My DD also relented on that with her now DH.  One of my other DD's was a BM in a wedding and the groom was a Star Wars geek.  He had no idea it was coming but when they were introduced into the reception all of the bridal party had light sabers and made an arch for them while the Imperial March was playing.  He thought it was spectacular.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_displaying-our-nerdiness-in-our-recessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:e28074a1-f4c0-49c6-a545-f92213e9de0aPost:e2b378c1-4ba1-403f-aa96-2d2a2efe1b3b">Re: Displaying our nerdiness in our recessional :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Displaying our nerdiness in our recessional :) : My DD also relented on that with her now DH.  One of my other DD's was a BM in a wedding and the groom was a Star Wars geek.  He had no idea it was coming but when they were introduced into the reception all of the bridal party had light sabers and made an arch for them while the Imperial March was playing.  He thought it was spectacular.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

Okay, THAT is brilliant.  I tip my metaphorical hat to that bride for pulling that off for him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_displaying-our-nerdiness-in-our-recessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:e28074a1-f4c0-49c6-a545-f92213e9de0aPost:5f37eb18-6381-423f-850c-860f7e50d5dc">Re: Displaying our nerdiness in our recessional :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Displaying our nerdiness in our recessional :) : Okay, THAT is brilliant.  I tip my metaphorical hat to that bride for pulling that off for him.
    Posted by dogsandfrogs[/QUOTE]

She is quite a lovely young lady and it was one of those things that really came from her heart to make her new husband really happy.

I did forget to add that my DS wore a Star Wars tie to his sister's wedding.  I talked to him about how it would be evening and he needed to be dressed more formally.  His face was kind of a prune wrinkle at that point.  When I offered to find a Star Wars tie he was on board the train.  DD's new husband was jealous he couldn't wear one with his tux.
  • Options
    Would you be willing to sell the set to me??! I'm serious... :)
  • Options
    I think that is so awesome!  I actually played the Star Wars Cantina song as someone's recessional a year ago.  I love when people show their true colors through their song selection!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was a BM in a wedding where the bride & groom entered the reception to the Imperial March. FI and I will be showing off our nerdiness in our entrance as well, using a song that used to be played on the lift hill of one of our favorite roller coasters. :D I love it when couples show off their personal style, but I'm sure there will be some eyes rolling at our reception!
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Oh, wow. I just put up a post requesting nerdy music... I'm thinking Zelda ReOrchastrated, personally.
    And actually... I was the one to request the Imperial March, and he actually turned it down, because it signals dread and a "destructively cataclysmic conclusion", which is probably a bad thing to start our married life off with. I still think it'd be hilarious, but I'll compromise with Zelda music. LoZ was my first love, after all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards