May 2012 Weddings

Confirming with Vendors ?

So over the last week or 2, I've been in contact with most of my vendors- making minor changes, having final meetings, etc. 

Do you think it's necessary for me to contact them again this week just to confirm everything?  Or would that be overkill since I've talked to most of them so recently?

What did everyone do (or plan to do) as far as confirming details/times with vendors?

TIA!
imageAnniversary

Re: Confirming with Vendors ?

• I had a meeting with almost all of my vendors at my venue last week, then personally went in to see those who could not make the meeting.  This week, I only plan to make contact if a change is needed.
  • I'd say if everything went smoothly last time you talked to them, you're good to go, but if there were any questions at that time, just reclarify your answer.

I emailed my musician to confirm time since we got an email from his booking service with the time from my original inquiry. He confirmed that he knew the contract said 5:00.

I emailed my photographer (who is coming from oot) to remind her again about traffic for the Jersey shore. She'll be leaving her house by 11:30, plus we built in extra time for pictures.

I emailed the dj some last minute questions last week and haven't heard back. He's wonderful and a regular at our venue, so I'm not worried, but I'll send him another message this week.

Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • if nothing has changed then no, I wouldn't. 
  • If you have been in contact with them, and feel good about everything, I wouldn't contact them again. If it's been a month or so, I would just call and confirm that everything is scheduled as planned!

• If you can, I do recommend getting email confirmations.  That is what I did...just in case, I have it in writing that they promised to be at such and such location at a specific time deliving a specific service.  Also, that ensures that we are both on the same page.  I emailed and said just want to confirm blah blah blah. And they all emailed back yes.  So now I know they have every single detail.
    image182 Invited! image108 Are ready to party!
    image74 Are seriously missing out! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had our final vendor meetings within 2 weeks of our wedding, so I didn't re-confirm everything with them the week of the wedding.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I sent out an email confirming everything about 2 weeks out and then passed it off to our DOC.  I gave everyone her info again and told them if they had any last minute questions to call her directly.  Worked out wonderfully!
  • I had everything worked out with our vendors about a month out.  Our DOC confirmed everything with each of them again about a week out and it worked out beautifully.  Everyone and everything was in place.
    Time of our lives Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards