New York-Long Island

Long Island venue!!!! help

does anyone know of any places in long island (close to NY) for a wedding venue I am on a tight budget. This $100 per person thing is not gonna work for me. I was hoping to find something in the $65 range. I liked leonards but not sure of the prices 

Re: Long Island venue!!!! help

• nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on when you are planning on having your wedding, winter months will be cheaper becuase it is not "wedding season" and also a friday night is cheaper then a saturday, and a sunday day is cheaper then both. I didn't look at Leonards but I know someone who got married there and I'm pretty sure it was on the pricey side, at least more then what you had said but again she had a September wedding so it could work if you are looking for a January or February wedding, Im not sure. I don't know how close to city your are looking if thats what you mean but I know The Brentwood Country Club does a great deal, it's like around $10,000 for 100 guest but it includes EVERYTHING, flowers, potographer, limo,invites I mean everything but the dress pretty much you might want to check it out. Lots of luck! :)
  • msgraphicsmsgraphics member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are open to the time of year, time of day and day of the week you will likely have your pick. When shopping for venues I found out that catering halls have been hit hard by the recession and prices have gone down a lot!  I booked the Fox Hollow for a sunday afternoon in november and while we got a great rate we were told that if we have booked for January it would have been $59 pp.  I didn't check out Leonard's but from my research it was much more affordable than I would have though, you should check it out.  For our November date, Swan Club wanted 60 pp, Westbury Manor asked $65, Crest Hollow was in that range as was MIller Ridge, oh and the Jericho Terrace.  I'm sure I'm forgetting a few on the lower ennd. Even the North Ritz was more reasonable than I expected, $80 pp. 
    My suggestion to you would be to compile a list of places you are interested and take a friday or a monday (or whatever WEEKDAY works best for you) and see as many places as you can.  My mother and I went out and saw 13 places on a friday and when I saw the Fox Hollow I knew it was it.
  • smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All the info above is correct - you really just need to adjust your date and I had two friends get married on a Thursday before a holiday weekend and it was perfect or the Monday of the holiday weekend.

Good luck
  • amal jaberamal jaber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!! I am open to the time of year so all these comments helped a lot :)
  • edited December 2011
    Contact Timber Point Country Club (one of the Lessing mansions), I've heard they are extremely reasonable with good food.
  • edited December 2011
    Timber point has great pricing and I've heard awesome thingsabout their food.
  • edited December 2011
    I booked East Wind for  Sunday evening in June for 79 per head so I am sure if you did an out of season wedding like you were planning (November-Jan) that the price would be at your $65 price point! Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    the coral house will fit your budget - http://www.coralhouse.com/
  • edited December 2011

I had my wedding at Leonards and paid less than $ 65 per person (before gratuity). The total tab for 50 people came out to $6,000. I also got a lot of extras thrown in and an excellent Bridal Attendant. Plus Leonards has gorgeous grounds for picture taking.
    Feel free to PM me with add'l questions.

• edited December 2011
    depending on what day and time of day you get married some places are pretty cheap... have heard great things about North Ritz Club. check that out! HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    As a PP wrote, the Coral House will fit your needs, I think, depending on your date.  We're getting married on a Saturday evening in mid-October (apparently a hot month) 2011 and the cost is ~$80.00/p.p. with several extras thrown in. 

I inquired with Mediterranean Manor in Patchogue back in July; they indicated they could do an October Saturday night for about $70.00.  Fox Hollow said they could do the same time period for about the same price for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to negotiate!
  • edited December 2011
    The Meadow Club in Port Jeff Station is pretty nice and very reasonably priced.  My friend had her wedding there and I think she said she paid $55 per person on a Saturday in September, including open bar.  They are doing some really ugly construction around there right now, but maybe it will be over by your wedding, and if not, maybe they'll give you a really good deal because of it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards