Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

BBQ caterer HELP

I am trying to find a reasonable but awesome BBQ to get to cater our RD in August.  I have got prices from Dicky's and Red Hot and Blue.  We have a budge so I am just trying to get the best for what we have to spend.  We are in North Dallas (Richardson) area. 

If any of you have been to North Main Street BBQ in Euless, that place is awesome and want something like that but it's too far from our house.

Does anyone suggest any other place to check out?

Anniversary
imageimage

TTC since 8/2012
BFP#1 ? 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD ? MTX 11/30/12
BFP#2 ?
?PAL/PGAL Welcome?

Re: BBQ caterer HELP

• Options
    Sonny Bryans is the only one I know of other than the ones you mentioned. Also for southern food Black Eyed Pea is awesome and very inexpensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    FI and I love Cousin's, and I think their pricing is pretty reasonable. We probably would've used them if we had picked a venue where we were brining our own catering in.
  • Options
    I used Sonny Bryan's catering for my RD, and the prices were very reasonable. CLICKY

I paid the extra $125 for them to do the full service catering with an attendant, and it was well worth the extra charge. The food was hot (always a plus) and delicious!
  • Options
    Sonny Bryans for sure.  They were our second choice for our RD.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bbq-caterer-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e892e2f9-1f2b-423b-8a7e-a00b901590bdPost:0390b52b-3bd3-4661-9b7b-4977a7de9845">Re: BBQ caterer HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sonny Bryans for sure.  They were our second choice for our RD.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

They were our second choice too.

Also, maybe look at Spring Creek BBQ?
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    Thanks girls, I am looking into Sonny Bryan's

Anniversary
    imageimage

TTC since 8/2012
    BFP#2 ?
    ?PAL/PGAL Welcome?

• Options
    We've eaten at this place before (last year) and it was DELICIOUS.  I can't imagine that they wouldn't do catering, but their food we ate at the store was just awesome:

• Options
    I'm responding late but Mike Anderson's is a good place to check out!
  • Options
    Sonny Bryan's is catering our wedding in 2 weeks and they have been great to work with so far.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:BBQ caterer HELP:[QUOTE]I'm responding late but Mike Anderson's is a good place to check out! Posted by AshJohnson30[/QUOTE]

Wow how did I forget these guys?! GREAT BBQ
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bbq-caterer-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e892e2f9-1f2b-423b-8a7e-a00b901590bdPost:7cbd70e2-3262-47fa-acb0-6350874d340e">Re:BBQ caterer HELP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:BBQ caterer HELP:

Wow how did I forget these guys?! GREAT BBQ
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

YES!!! I go for lunch too frequently
  • Options
    There is Eddlemon's BBQ in grand prairie, ive grown up eatting there and i think they will cater to wherever but i am not positive.
    November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    Check out CRO catering. I was at a wedding shower this weekend in the Plano/Dallas area and CRO catered it. I talked to the hostess about them for our wedding and she said they are amazing and very reasonable priced. She recommend the server that they always use from there Tyler, he goes above and beyond. He was acting as the cater/bartender/cleanup and was so respectful. Not many places do that most just drop off and set up then leave. They didnt have BBQ they had mexican but I got a brochure and they have 2 BBQ places on the list of places they work with. One was Good Eats and I cant remember the other one but it's on their website. Hope this helps.

http://www.crocatering.com/
  • Options
    Spring Creek BBQ is I think $9.95 pp and is very good. 
  • Options
  • Options
    I was trying to remember the name of the bbq place that was at the dallas bridal show last year. it was really good . any one know
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks girls.  We are a sucker for Red Hot & Blue so I think we are going to go with them untill we change our minds again :)

Anniversary
    imageimage

TTC since 8/2012
    BFP#2 ?
    ?PAL/PGAL Welcome?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards