Illinois-Chicago

Tamara Makeup?

I'm probably going to use them for hair and makeup.  Just looking for some feedback so I know I'm choosing the right people! TIA

Re: Tamara Makeup?

• hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I just realized in discussion this weekend that my normal hair stylist does hair and makeup.  Tania at Custom Hair Lounge.

She showed me some pics and does a great job!
  • edited December 2011
    Sabrina, who does hair for Tamara Makeup, is a friend of mine and does my hair regularly (cut and color) and I had her scheduled to do my hair for wedding too.  She does a really good job and I think she's extremely reasonably priced.  I might be a little too type A, but sometimes I have communication issues with her, but maybe its bc im a friend (since childhood) and she thinks im more understanding ;)  I know Tamara is a MAC makeup artist and ive heard good things about her too.

If you decide to look elsewhere, someone else I know is also starting off in the business, you can check her out on facebook at dori mae makeup.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using them for hair and makeup. I am really impressed with the makeup!!! The hair, not as much. The hair lady is kind of older and thinks she can do everyone's hair in a half hour. Um, I think that is unreasonable. So, I kept begging and now they are bringing an assistant. But I have to say A ++ for the makeup!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_tamara-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:4c5ecb83-c3a4-45a9-926f-63be80cb784ePost:206f0408-1e68-4673-af60-b9a2c483fabe">Re: Tamara Makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using them for hair and makeup. I am really impressed with the makeup!!! The hair, not as much. The hair lady is kind of older and thinks she can do everyone's hair in a half hour. Um, I think that is unreasonable. So, I kept begging and now they are bringing an assistant. But I have to say A ++ for the makeup!!!
    Posted by MyWedding13[/QUOTE]

Uh oh, doesnt sound like my Sabrina! She's only 25 :) but I totally agree that a half hour is not good enough to get a good style in!
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Tamara and Mel (for hair).  I like both of them...they were very receptive to feedback at my trial and they seemed to have timing down pretty well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards