Georgia-Savannah
Options

Wedding Reception at The Old Pink House????

Has anyone had a wedding reception at the old pink house? Where you happy with the service, the decor, what room did you use, guest happy, room for DJ, and did anyone do open bar service that they have ?

Re: Wedding Reception at The Old Pink House????

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    As far as I know, The Pink House only does cocktail receptions.  Most receptions are held in the ballroom.  It is still in the restaurant and there are other people still dining.  A DJ and the music comming from the ballroom would not fit with the ambiance of the rest of the restaurant. 
    If you are wanting a DJ and dancing, I would look somewhere else. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    juliestromjuliestrom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am going my reception there and Bianca said a DJ was fine. They have been great to work with so far. I would definately check them out.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They also told me a DJ was fine, but I was curious about the set up. They have like five rooms. I will not be able to see it until June, because I live in Tampa. Which room are you having your reception in ?
  • Options
    Kylie LeeKylie Lee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    corbinsmine,

have you thought about a Savannah Wedding planner. They know the area and the venues and more than likely be able to help you especially if you are not from Savannah.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am only interested in a day of wedding planner, I rather do it myself. I plan on visiting soon.
  • Options
    hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We had our wedding dinner there, not a full reception.  IMO, the rooms are on the small side for a reception unless you're having a VERY small reception.  We had reservations but still had to wait for our table, and we were squeezed into a corner (even though they knew it was for our wedding).  Then they forgot my husband's meal, so he had to wait 15-20 minutes to get his dinner after we received ours.  It was a good meal, but overall, the experience wasn't quite as nice as I'd hoped for.

• Options
    juliestromjuliestrom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am getting married in the ballroom, which holds up to 120 people. I was going to get a day-of coordinator, too, but Bianca handles everything, including helping with cake delivery, etc, so now I don't have to get one.

• Options
    Kylie LeeKylie Lee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bianca is amazing, she is easy to work with and makes everything run so smooth.
  • Options
    We are getting married there and we are using the entire upstairs for our reception and we are doing a sit down dinner as well!!!! We are so excited!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards