Snarky Brides

present for 22 year old girl

On H's side we're doing a mini sibling gift exchange.  I have no idea what to get his middle sister.  She's 22, works at a bank, no college, has a car, and we're supposed to spend $20.  I'm completely idealess.  She likes to read, but also buys lots of books.
my read shelf:
Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale

Re: present for 22 year old girl

• Amazon gift card? Book light/mark, a new book she's looking forward to, uuuhm. That's all I have.
  • What about gift card to a book Store or Starbucks. Or some place near her work so she can have lunch....not sure if gift card is too impersonal for you...then maybe get her a book? But i find giftcards to work best~

HTH
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_present-22-year-old-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8303ddd8-e9cd-4dc7-9e7f-a4bf9ff5ddc2Post:aae65d35-1582-429f-b4c7-a3b2262830ac">Re: present for 22 year old girl</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm.  Things I liked at 22: beer bongs frat boys mini skirts blond highlights grey goose regrets and bad decisions Most of those things are really hard to wrap.  How about a giftcard?
    Posted by marriedfilingjointly[/QUOTE]

Dont lie MFJ you know you STILL like these things.

I cant even remember what I liked at that age.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_present-22-year-old-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8303ddd8-e9cd-4dc7-9e7f-a4bf9ff5ddc2Post:aae65d35-1582-429f-b4c7-a3b2262830ac">Re: present for 22 year old girl</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm.  Things I liked at 22: beer bongs frat boys mini skirts blond highlights grey goose regrets and bad decisions Most of those things are really hard to wrap.  How about a giftcard?
    Posted by marriedfilingjointly[/QUOTE]

I think we would have been friends at 22, just sub Barton's for Grey Goose because I was a broke college student.

Sephora has $20 perfumes in rollerballs. Stella is my personal favorite but they have a lot of choices. She can always exchange if she doesn't like the frangrance you picked. They are perfect for your purse and mine has lasted a long time.

<a href="http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P160406&categoryId=B70">http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P160406&categoryId=B70</a>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd just like a crisp 20 bill in a card, myself.
  • -glove & scarf set?
    -a manicure kit?
    -iTunes GC?
    -pretty bookmarks?
    -fun socks?
    -bath set?

• As a book addict myself, I'm always really excited when I get book store GCs. It's like a mini shopping spree I don't have to feel guilty about!
  • edited October 2010
    I have the Caramel Apple & Pumpkin Spice muffin lip gloss and body wash sets both sitting at home waiting for me. I ordered them 2 days before I got notified of my deployment :(

ETA: What I love about the Pumpkin Spice Muffin shampoo/conditioner/body wash (besides its fabulous scent) is it comes with a recipe for the pumpkin spice muffins on the side of the bottle. I've made them before and they are so friggin' delicious.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_present-22-year-old-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8303ddd8-e9cd-4dc7-9e7f-a4bf9ff5ddc2Post:2f20073d-fe3c-440d-b147-7a680485f513">Re: present for 22 year old girl</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have the Caramel Apple & Pumpkin Spice muffin lip gloss and body wash sets both sitting at home waiting for me. I ordered them 2 days before I got deployed :(
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

=(

When do you go back?
  • I fly home on Tuesday!!! I can't wait!!
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_present-22-year-old-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8303ddd8-e9cd-4dc7-9e7f-a4bf9ff5ddc2Post:fdc47155-3402-4a16-abd1-2c47cfe155b2">Re: present for 22 year old girl</a>:
    [QUOTE]I fly home on Tuesday!!! I can't wait!!

<div>Oh yay! How long have you been gone for? </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_present-22-year-old-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8303ddd8-e9cd-4dc7-9e7f-a4bf9ff5ddc2Post:552d8950-37d7-458b-9975-55a7367b9452">Re: present for 22 year old girl</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does she have an emergency kit for said car? <strong>Reading/relaxing gift basket? Bookstore gift card, maybe a candle, fuzzy blanket, or chocolate?</strong> I don't know, I'm terrible at gifts for people I don't know. I'm guessing your H has no ideas?
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

I thought the exact same thing. Always a safe gift!
    Photobucket
  • 66 days :(

By the time I get home, I will have seen Will 3 weeks in the last 6 months.

That guy that screwed me over so I had to take his deployment can go fvck himself from now on any time he needs something at work. He's just lucky that Will got deployed too, otherwise he'd be in severe physical pain right now. (not really, but you know what I mean)
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_present-22-year-old-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8303ddd8-e9cd-4dc7-9e7f-a4bf9ff5ddc2Post:5ff4809d-adf6-4520-b7ca-a4186106e6eb">Re: present for 22 year old girl</a>:
    [QUOTE]66 days :( By the time I get home, I will have seen Will 3 weeks in the last 6 months. That guy that screwed me over so I had to take his deployment can go fvck himself from now on any time he needs something at work. He's just lucky that Will got deployed too, otherwise he'd be in severe physical pain right now. (not really, but you know what I mean)

<div>Ouch that sucks. We're dealing with kind of the same thing with immigration, I get to see him maybe one week every three months, and it's been that way since January. It blows donkey butt.</div>
  • What frustrates me (among so many other things) is that when we transferred to Miami for his job, he was all "The first year is always the hardest, that's when I'll be gone the most" but I've actually seen him less this year than I did last year. Then again, the reason I haven't seen him very much this year isn't entirely his job's fault, it's also mine since I got deployed right after he got back. Well, that, and BP is a twatswatting douchebag.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I could get her a conglomeration of random chocolate bars from Aldi.  They have lots of weird european chocolate.  Is that a good gift?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Well, I'm 23, and I would be ecstatic if I got:

$20 Groupon for a spa
    scarf and glove set
    ANYTHING from Sephora
    any kind of tea accessories
    bubble bath
    Godiva chocolates
    OPI nail polish

It's tricky though, since those are very particular to my personality.

Does she have an Etsy account? I always pop in there for my friends' birthdays, since you can see a list of their "favorities." That's where I'm steering DH for my birthday, which is a week from today COUGHCOUGH ;)
  • The thing is, I know VERY LITTLE about her, aka not much at all.
    my read shelf:
  • edited October 2010

- Cute wristlet or wallet
    - Scarves
    - A few cute headbands
    - A few pairs of dangly earrings from Forever
    - Victoria Secret GC

FTR, I'm 23 and I've never liked frat boys. I don't like men who wear more colors than I do.

But I do love my highlights, beer pong and vodka... I highly doubt I will ever outgrow those!

• get her a gift card for a pedicure or something! i am 22... i love stuff like that!! who doesnt!!?!?!? nice relaxing gift! if she works at a bank she is probably on her feet all day, and a pedicure is perfect!!! or maybe yall can go together! it is ur SIL??? if yall go together yall can bond! get to know her better!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards