Michigan-Detroit
Options

Forte Belanger Catering

Has anyone had any experience with Forte Belanger?  Taste-wise?  Price-wise?  Service-wise?  They look like a great catering company but I can't find many reviews about them online (looks like they do a lot of corporate events).

I'm a total foodie and they won't do a tasting until after a contract has been signed and a deposit placed!  I don't know if I can turn over that huge portion of the reception without knowing how their food tastes!

Re: Forte Belanger Catering

• Options
    We used Forte for work events and they were good. We also used Epoch a lot. Great service, etc. I didn't do the contracts with them, but my event manager did say they were pricey. I have no idea what "pricey" means though.

Worth a look!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I'd go out on a limb and say they are probably pretty pricey. It depends on your budget.

I can highly recommend Holiday Market in Royal Oak (don't know where your event is), they do southeast Michigan. They are a gourmet type store, have a cooking school (Mirapoix), and we used them for our wedding. I am also a foodie (my hubby not so much), and their food was fabulous IMO. We heard raves about the food from the guests, many of the "skinny chicks" had more than one trip to the buffet. Traci at Holiday Markets is amazing.

I made an appointment for a meeting, then arranged a tasting. During my initial appt I told them basically what I wanted served, and our price range. They don't price by the person, but # of servings or pounds of food (for things like pasta). It's a weird way to compute it, but they stuck to our budget.

I will say that we did not use their standard "catering menu". I'm a pretty confident consumer and knew what I wanted and what my budget was. For 80 people we had the following (their bakery did the cake):

Michigan Cherry SaladMixed greens with candied pecans, dried Michigan cherries, Maytag blue cheese Served with raspberry vinaigrette 

Beef Tenderloin with Grilled Vegetables

Chicken PicattaSauteed chicken in creamy lemon-white wine sauce Penne Pasta with Red Sauce Rosemary-Parmesan Roasted Red Potatoes Garlic Green Beans Wedding CakeYellow cake with Passion Fruit Mousse filling

The food and servers, chef & manager on location, chafing dishes, etc ran about $34 per person including the wedding cake & coffee station. They also made arrangements for the rentals which is not included above. This per person price also included an ice cream sundae station with Ray's Ice Cream (3 kinds of ice cream, plus raspberry sorbet) and various toppings, which was a surprise for the guests and not in the menu above.

When we had our tasting, we also had crab cakes on the menu, which were delicious, but outside our budget.

Website here: http://www.holiday-market.com/

Other places I can recommend:

Canape Cart: http://canapecart.com/. I have eaten their food many times, my boss uses them for her parties and the food is fabulous and trendy. They also would have made the arrangements for any rentals we wanted.

I don't think I had to sign the contract with Holiday before the tasting, I honestly don't recall. I didn't get as far as a tasting with Canape Cart.

Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards