Ohio-Cleveland

Ceremony Location - HELP!

Hi all!  I'm struggling!  I need help finding a ceremony location...  here's the details:

- Our reception is in Wadsworth, but we want our ceremony in the Cleveland-area (either east or west side, so we can do pictures IN Cleveland).  I'm thinking no further east than Willoughby or west than Westlake.
- Our guest list is huge... 300-350.
- We would like an outdoor wedding, but we have to have a rain back-up because I tend to bring bad weather!  With the size of the wedding, I'm willing to take all suggestions (indoor or outdoor locations).
- Our wedding is July 2013

I think that should cover things!  I didn't think it was going to be so difficult.  Of course money is an issue, I don't want to spend a ton of a rental fee.

Thanks in advance for any help thats offered! Laughing

Re: Ceremony Location - HELP!

• Would you consider having your ceremony closer to Wadsworth?  If most of your guests are from the Wadsworth area, it's a 45 minute drive each way, and that's a lot for your guests.  If you have enough time in between and had the ceremony closer to the reception, you would have plenty of time to drive up to Cleveland for pictures and back for the reception.  However, your guests will need something to do for a few hours if they aren't from the Wadsworth area. 

If the ceremony must be in the Cleveland area...Bain Park in Fairview is gorgeous, and they have the cabin for a backup if needed.  Hiram House Camp in Orange could be a good location, they have indoor and outdoor space.  Cuyahoga Valley National Park is pretty, not sure of the indoor options though in case of rain. 

If you're open to doing it closer to Wadsworth, the Hinckley Reservation is pretty.
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    With a guest list of 300, I think your most likely backup bet would be a tent. I don't think Bain Cabin is large enough to hold nearly that many. Even the Octagon Picnic Shelter in the CVNP isn't that big for a backup location.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have you looked at the Cleveland Botanical Gardens?  They have a great outdoor option for large ceremonies; the rainout venue is also quite beautiful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards