Wedding Reception Forum

adult only wedding reception- help!

FH and I are trying to decide whether we want kids to attend or not. I think that an adult only reception is a great idea. We do have kids on both sides of the family but i feel its less stressful without them there. Don't get me wrong i love all the kids to death but a wedding is a party for adults. there's going to be drinking and our families are full of big partiers. I just don't feel that its a good atmosphere for children. It would also give the parents a chance to enjoy a night out without having to worry as well. We attended FH's cousin's wedding a couple months ago and there was a child crying the entire ceremony through the vows and all. At the reception they were running everywhere on a sugar high and screaming. It ruined the first dance as well as the cake cutting moment. we are also on a tight budget and paying for everything ourselves.. Having children attend would DEFINITELY boost our costs. (because there are so many) FH is still on the fence and i'm trying to help him understand that this is a good decision. help! 

thank you ladies!

Re: adult only wedding reception- help!

• Here's another bump I've hit with this same thing- what do you do when a guest literally insists on bringing a child and refuses to use the babysitter because she is "very attached" to the kid?? I mean COME ON! (Yes, this is happening to me right now with my FMIL's sister) :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards