New Jersey

Say Yes to the Dress - Bridesmaids!

Did you all see that TLC has a new show starting July 8th -- Say Yes to the Dress - Bridesmaids....
Should be interesting, I can't wait to see it!

Re: Say Yes to the Dress - Bridesmaids!

• mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    lol, the whole idea of shopping for BM dresses gave me a headache. And I only had two BMs! I was such a lazy bride.

I didn't want to screw around in a salon and wait weeks/months for delivery and get fittings, so we ordered them online and had them within a week. No fuss, no muss. I think my head would've exploded if we went to a salon.
  • edited December 2011
    One of my friends had sent me the link to submit myself for it, but we already bought our BM dresses.  We had fun, but I took my MOH first and narrowed it down to 4 dresses, then went back with everyone.  I can't even imagine trying to find a dress with 7 of us plus a consultant!
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • edited December 2011
    haha should be good! i saw the preview too!  i have 5 girls all in different dresses but same color and legnth and we had a blast dress shopping
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This was me, exactly!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_say-yes-dress-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fdc5a453-4f8e-4fd8-a9cb-4c628bba6e81Post:2de5d63e-09ca-4920-8c97-2d36648baaec">Re: Say Yes to the Dress - Bridesmaids!</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol, the whole idea of shopping for BM dresses gave me a headache. And I only had two BMs! I was such a lazy bride. I didn't want to screw around in a salon and wait weeks/months for delivery and get fittings, so we ordered them online and had them within a week. No fuss, no muss. I think my head would've exploded if we went to a salon.
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with my MOH (sister) shopping for the dress, and narrowed it down to 2, then I took the other girls to the store to help me decide and order them. I didn't want 5 people's opinions all at once, so this made it easier.
  • edited December 2011
    My ladies wore J.Crew. But I was in a wedding where we did the "to-order" thing, so it would be nice to see that process. It's too bad this takes place at Lori's. I hate the Atlanta SYTTD because Lori and Not Bruce Jenner are horrendous! The Kleinfeld crew looks like they actually care about their brides, for the most part. But Kleinfeld doesn't do maids... Did I see a Not Bruce Jenner Jr. in the ads for this show?
  • NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_say-yes-dress-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fdc5a453-4f8e-4fd8-a9cb-4c628bba6e81Post:5ea76a24-d4e5-4196-b21d-cfa368bd6bcf">Re: Say Yes to the Dress - Bridesmaids!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This was me, exactly! In Response to Re: Say Yes to the Dress - Bridesmaids! :
    Posted by JessicaLB2[/QUOTE]

<div>This was me too..so much that I just have them a color and told them to get their own. LOL I have no idea what they picked and that is FINE by me! lol</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_say-yes-dress-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fdc5a453-4f8e-4fd8-a9cb-4c628bba6e81Post:86cf9717-bb57-4382-88d0-ec8b7539f830">Re: Say Yes to the Dress - Bridesmaids!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say Yes to the Dress - Bridesmaids! : This was me too..so much that I just have them a color and told them to get their own. LOL I have no idea what they picked and that is FINE by me! lol
    Posted by NJhousewife22[/QUOTE]

HA!  I wanted them to do that, and they refused.  They wanted me to just pick something and they'd wear it!  I did a damn good job though.  They looked awesome! :)
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went once with my sister and it was ridiculous since she's tiny and everything was too big on her.  I went by myself to macys, picked out 8 dresses, and told the girls to go pick one of the 8.  It wasn't very fun, but it was the easiest solution with all the girls living in different places.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards