Military Brides
Options

It's the Great Pumpkin!

Hey guys, hope your weekends were awesome! Here's the 38 lb. pumpkin we did, along with a couple of others.

Using food coloring to paint the inside of Air Force pumpkin may not have been the best idea lighting-wise, but it looks awesome up close. Anyone else have pumpkins/decor? What kind of candy (if any) are you handing out?

Re: It's the Great Pumpkin!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Cutttessss! All we are doing tonight is giving out candy. We like to give out full sized candy bars, so I have been fighting the urge to eat the Snickers/Reeses/Milky Ways/ M&Ms we have... so hard! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG I love your pi pumpkin :o)

We still haven't carved any... *sigh* I have 7 pumpkins on my front step that are all uncarved... *fail*.
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't carve or buy any pumpkins this year.  H hasn't been home that long and we just have had a million other things going on so we kinda forgot.  We have Snickers, Milky Way and 3 Musketeers to hand out later.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very cool!

I was kind of bummed we didn't carve pumpkins this year.  I did put some stickers on one with FI's goddaughter yesterday.  It was a cat when all was said and done.  It seemed to take forever.  I think I could have carved a whole pumpkin in the time it took us to do it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those pumpkins are awesome!!! 

We started getting ready for Halloween last week, we bought a bunch of candies(which H and I ate some of already, so tempting!), we have a pumpkin and since I put up a harvest wreath on the door with pumpkins on it too. 

Isn't he a cutie? 

I hope a lot of kids come tonight, because H and I can't possibly eat all that! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    kara-  The wreath and pumpkin are so cute!  And that candy looks sooo good.

I'm going to the gym during trick or treating so I don't have to be tempted by the candy my mother passes out.  I hope it is all gone when I get home!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *FAIL* for me.  I am not carving a pumpkin and not handing out candy.  I am going to the gym for a class.
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should be going to the gym, but at least I sent FI to buy candy the other day and he bought a big thing full of the candy I don't eat (I really don't like fruity candy like Nerds or Skittles). I figure we'll get a few tonight, and that means they'll get a lot of candy because Lord knows we don't need it in the house.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I CANNOT be trusted with candy so I am that person in my neighborhood.  The dark house and tv set to whisper.  HA!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ugh.. OK.. Halloween related discussion
    This is a status on A LOT of guy facebooks this week:

Halloween affords girls the chance to match their outfits with their personality....slutty. I remember a time when girls cared more about their costumes as a whole and less about how much cleavage they can legally show. (Not that I'm complaining......)

Thoughts?
    This crap super pisses me off.
    Unless you make your costume or do a couple costume, most female costumes in the stores are either low cut or super short. Sex sells, and now it's hard to find anythiing other than that.
    For example, my girlfriend waited until the last minute to go grab a costume, they only have a "cop" costume in her size, and when she got it, it was basically a shirt (so she wore leggings under it) and had playboy bunnies all over it!! umm.. gross! But it was all that was left.
    If a female is single and wanting to go out and party and feel attractive (physically), she has to now compete with all the other girls that ARE dressed with bare legs and great cleavage. (this has never been single me... I haven't dressed up to go out in a few years. This was the first year I wore something remotely slutty in public) That sucks. So she can either wear a super intense costume and have a good time, butnot expect much attention (that she may or may not want) from the opposite sex, or she can go and be slutty, and get the wrong attention. It's a lose-lose situation.
    And guys love the sluttiness, so who the hell are they to point it out and make a big deal of it, when it's doing THEM a favor? lol
    It annoys the crap out of me.

Anyone else?
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's ridiculous. On one hand, if a woman feels powerful in her sexuality and wants to get hit on and enjoys the attention, more power to her. On the other hand, if that's all there is (and yes, you can make your own, but that requires some kind of skill and time and it really pisses me off when someone's like "Oh, you can just make your own, it only cost me $5 for my entire thing and then I looked great." Good for effin' you, but I shouldn't be required to Suzy-homemaker to have a costume that covers my @ss, but I digress), then you're stuck with whatever's being marketed to women your age and you have to rig it up so you're comfortable.

Basically I have such a huge problem with the persistant slut-shaming in our society. The idea that if a girl wears a certain thing, she's a great big whore. And guys who write a status like that are the same guys who are either total jerks who take advantage, or "Nice Guys (tm)" who think all girls don't pay attention to them because they are soooo nice and that when a girl doesn't respond to their advances, she must be a slut who likes douches. Because you know, if she's dressed like that, it must mean she wants to sleep with everyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree.
    Guys that point that are are just pointing it out to seem like they are refined and better than that... I call bullsht. They like it, they are the ones checking out the legs and hoping the girl bends over a little more while dancing.
    I love dresses... I like FEELING sexy in a dresses when we go out (which isn't often because I'm a total party pooper and not a club person) but I also know I'm not interested in guys when I go out, married now, but when I was single, I was never interested. Never. I don't like grinding up on guys I don't know (which is why I'm not a club person).
    I think a female can dress how she wants, and shouldn't be called a slut for it. I know plenty of women that are in monogomous relationships that enjoy sexy little dress/black dresses. How are they slutty? It's just what a guy tells himself to make himself feel better for being shot down.
    And YES! Like... I would go the facepaint route if my skin weren't so sensitive. I'm not creative enough to make my own costume... it is what it is. H wanted us to go as each other for Halloween, so this was the only female aviator outfit they had (I tried on the guy version. too big)
     Slutty because it's short? Why? What makes it slutty? I'm wearing nude pumps because my boots looked super dumb, H's giant oldschool headphones, and his huge aviator-style watch. He's dressed up as a math nerd.. lol.. Thanks babe.. glad to know that that's what you think of me :P
    BUt I'm sure plenty of people were calling me a slut that night, even though I danced only with H and my girlfriends, and was 100% sober.. whatever.
    Screw you guys that can't pick up a chick at a club so you name-call instead...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ETA: I definitely didn't have the zipper zipped that low all night.. that was H's doing (he is a PITA with zippers.. especially the drunker he gets.. *sigh*... although even if I had, still not justification for name calling!!!! lol)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made a pumpkin for my dog Missy.

This is it at night with a candle

and..

In the light.

and just because I love to AW my dog, here she is....

This was taken after I picked her up from the groomers. I may love my Dog but I don't put bows in her hair. LoL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh my goodness shan that is an adorable pumpkin :) Skillz. You have them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_its-great-pumpkin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:88eddc34-8815-4b7e-94e0-8ee90d08617bPost:c97ea736-6aaf-42e6-b54c-2efe08f00e8b">Re: It's the Great Pumpkin!</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh my goodness shan that is an adorable pumpkin :) Skillz. You have them.
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

Thanks, H was bragging to people but I'm the first to say... I found a template online and did loose a nostril while cutting. I also cheated and used a drill for all the circles/holes. It was fun and I will prob do it again some time. I thought my Dog would be more interested in it... since she has been know to bark at her reflection in a mirror, but all she wanted to do was eat it. haha
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The pumpkins are adorable, guys!  We definitely didn't do that this year, but it looks like it was fun!

FI and I were talking about Halloween costumes - I've been making my own for the past 5 years or so, mostly because I hate what is generally available on the market.  Even if some aren't uber-slutty, the value is just crap.  You get crap material that is crappily sewn and it's all scratchy and falls apart and doesn't fit well.  No thank you!  When we have kids, I'll be making custom costumes for sure.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards