Oklahoma
Options

Salon Recomendations

Hello,

I'm in dire need of recomendations for a salon to get my hair as well as my wedding party's (5 girls) hair done.  There are SOOOOO many options I feel like I'm just throwing darts blindly.  I live in Norman and my hair stylist here does not do Up-Do's and doesn't know of anyone in the city.

I figured a salon would work best and be the most efficient since a few girls can get their hair done at the same time.

I have to get this figured out in the next two weeks because my bridals are at the beginning of September and I still have to figure out my veil and head peice and all that.

Please HELP!

TIA!
Anniversary

Re: Salon Recomendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using someone in Edmond, so I'm not much help.  Have you tried the vendor list on TK or the one on the Brides of Oklahoma blog?
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is the vendor list on TK?  Where is this located?

I have compiled losts of girls vendor reviews that they post here, but none mention hair.

I have not checked out the brides of OK blog, but I'll go do that now.

Thanks.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Salon Inferno.  There is a new one in Norman and there is one on 134th and Western in Moore
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_salon-recomendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:127Discussion:4f564828-bd22-4a69-827f-968daf0d4a5dPost:97a29597-fa00-40e4-8aec-bcdc6d1f694b">Re: Salon Recomendations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try this link. <a href="http://wedding.theknot.com/local-wedding-vendors/oklahoma-weddings.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://wedding.theknot.com/local-wedding-vendors/oklahoma-weddings.aspx</a>
    Posted by Tisha.[/QUOTE]

OH!!!  Now I know what your talking about.  I have never found that thing helpfully and stopped using it probably a year ago.  They hardly ever have stuff for OKC.

I looked under Heath & Beauty and some other categories that I thought might have something, and all I could find was an individual with some design group.  Not what I'm looking for.  Thanks though.  It's been a while since I had checked out their resource help.

I'll check out the salon recommendation.  Does anyone else have any ideas?  Preferably in OKC or Edmond.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to go to Edmond, I love, love, LOVE everyone at Tangles
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to go to Edmond, contact Rhianon Sappenfield.  Her prices are VERY VERY VERY reasonable and she does a great job.  She'll travel to you if you want.

I found her through the Brides of Oklahoma, and she's doing my hair and makeup and the hair for my girls as well.

You can find her contact information here:
    http://thebridesofoklahoma.com/oklahoma-wedding-hair-salons

I had my hair trial with her a month or so ago, and she did a great job.
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Tisha,

How long does it take her to do all that hair for you and your girls?  I'm going to be somewhat pressed for time, so I had been looking at salons to save time so that more than one girl could get styled at a time.

Do you mine telling me how that all works?

Perhaps I could have her come to a hotel room and she can just go down the row styling each girl and when they are not getting their hair done they can be doing their makeup?

I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner.  These bridals just snuck up on me and I realized I'm about 2 months behind getting this taken care of!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I'll check out the salons too!  Edmond is definitely not a problem since the wedding is in Guthrie and I'll be coming from OKC.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we're averaging 40 minutes per girl (4 girls) so it should take a little over 2 hours total for them.  And when we did my trial, it only took 45 minutes for hair and makeup, so we're figuring about an hour for me.

Of course, she'll only being doing the styling on the girls.  They will already have their hair washed and dried before she starts.  I'm going to go to her salon the morning of, and have my hair washed and she'll blow it straight.  But that's only because the location we are going to be at won't have great access to a hair washing station or anything (it being a barn and all).  lol

And really the only reason we aren't doing everything in her salon, is because we are getting married in Arcadia.  And even though Edmond is not far, I didn't want to have to get my hair and makeup done and then go on a 20+ minute car ride to get to the venue

My suggestion to you, is just to ask all these quesitons when you call and speak with stylists.  If they've done weddings before, they should have a pretty good idea of what will need to be done in what amount of time.  And they might even have a partner or know another stylist who could come along to help.

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tisha,

I called Rhianon and have a trial run with her in a week and a half anf she happens to be open and free on the day of my Bridals and the day of the wedding.  Wow - her prices are amazing!  I hope she is good.

Did you do the airbrush makeup or the mineral makeup for your trial.  Do you have pictures of your hair and makeup at your trials that you wouldn't mind sharing?  I'm just nervous b/c im sorta putting all my eggs in one basket and don't have room for error since I'm doing the trial so close to my bridals.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a photo of my hair.  I did not go with airbrush makeup.

I wanted something really simple and straight for my hair.

And of course, I forgot to take photos, and was going to the Okie Noodling festival right afterward, so she had already pinned my hair up off my neck for me, and then had to take it back down for me to take pictures.  LOL  So, it doesn't look perfect in the pics, but she did a great job, and it was SOOOOOO hot and gross that day, and even though she re-pinned it up off my neck, that sucker NEVER fell.  It stayed up/in all day and through that night.

Now, also, that day, I had just washed my hair and the night before, and let it dry naturally.  So, the day of, I am going to have her wash it and dry it and get it ultra-straight.

But here's the pics I have.  I hope this helps!  And I hope you like her!  She's super nice, and you can NOT beat her prices.  AND she's been in Brides of Oklahoma and stuff too.

• Options
    lmf2010lmf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's a great hair do!  I have battled doing an up-do or down-do, but I think I have settled on an up-do b/c I bet with my big dress on I will be sweating and the thought of hair on my back and neck while sweating makes me squirm.

Thanks for posting a pic!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem!  Please let us know how your trial goes!  And tell Rhianon I said HI!  LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards