Ohio-Toledo

venue for ceremony/ reception

So ladies....due to some medical issues FI and I had to post pone the wedding til 2013..we are thinking an October wedding ! Now that we are cleared from those issues we are ready to get back into planning...we are looking for a new venu ! The orignal venue was space 237 but they no longer hold wedding related events anymore, then wildwood park..FI don't want to be outside..I'm thinking downtown area...do any of you know any good places ? What about Admirals by the water...has anyone heard about them ? Please help ladies ! :
imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/

Re: venue for ceremony/ reception

• How many people are attending?  The living room at the Manor House at Wildwood can hold 80 or 90 seated guests and Ward Pavillion can hold 150 for a reception I believe.

Downtown there is the Event Center, 5/3 Field, and various hotels with space for receptions.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Also if you're thinking downtown, don't forget about Mansion View, wonderful B&B off Collingwood. I was there for a reception back least year in July and it was wonderful! And since you're thinking October it *shouldn't* be as hot as when we were there, although they had fans and things up that cooled the place down considerably.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Found a reception space the huntington center..yayyyy !!! Now gotta find a ceremony space...we are inviting about 120 ppl but only expect 70 to 80 ppl...we were going to do wildwood orignaly but FI didn't like it..plus we want to be downtown..more convient for guest to not travel to far between reception and hotel ! Thanks
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • lyradimerlyradimer member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Check out the Valentine Theater, It is downtown and really beautiful
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went for a family dinner at Old Navy Bistro - Admiral's American Grill. The food was absolutely HORRIBLE!! I met my husband at the Old Navy Bistro, got engaged there, and really enjoyed the place... But oh my!! We were the only ones in the restaurant for the first hour, then 2 families came in after that. It was happy hour time yet, no one was there. Food. Was. Awful.
  • Have you considered having your ceremony at the same place as the reception?  I have never been to a wedding at the huntington center, so I'm not sure of the room or space you have, but I watch 4 weddings and stuff like that, and sometimes they have the ceremony and reception at the same venue.  It makes it easy for guests:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_venue-for-ceremony-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:6c266a78-0a88-4635-baea-2a2aa82ef6d8Post:f010a54d-0511-493e-b61c-a5fbe21a9ccf">Re: venue for ceremony/ reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went for a family dinner at Old Navy Bistro - Admiral's American Grill. The food was absolutely HORRIBLE!! I met my husband at the Old Navy Bistro, got engaged there, and really enjoyed the place... But oh my!! We were the only ones in the restaurant for the first hour, then 2 families came in after that. It was happy hour time yet, no one was there. Food. Was. Awful.
    Posted by sunnybride2010[/QUOTE]

I agree, we had the same experience there. The new ownership has not been an improvement on their food.
  • HTR10HTR10 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I loved the Event Center when I went and looked at it (they take care of parking for you) and they just changed management or owners or something. The woman who gave me a tour was really nice and cooperative. 

Valentine is gorgeous but it depends on how much you want to spend and do yourself...yo have to rent the tables from them and find your own parking etc. The pricelist is pretty extensive and even though it is amazing I'm planning from out of town and didn't want to have to deal with all of those things. 

I've been to the Park Inn for a wedding which was really nice but guests had to pay for parking if they weren't staying at the hotel (which a lot of downtown hotels do) and that is one of my pet peeves. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards