DC
Options

Where to go dress shopping...?

Anyone have suggestions in the northern VA area that aren't too pricey??

Re: Where to go dress shopping...?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You can always start with the traditional David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo.  They're gonna be about as cheap as ya can get.  Once you get in to the smaller dress shops, prices go up.  Happy dress hunting!
  • Options
    LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at a second hand bridal store that also has new arrivals... the second hand store tend to supplement their sales with new dresses as well, but at a cheaper price than other stores. I used "I Do, I Do Bridals" in MD.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    lilcancer0716lilcancer0716 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went shopping with my co worker and here is what we saw:
    In Northern VA--
    White Swann in Vienna, nice selection and nice service, prices seemed affordable .
    Macy's at Tysons had Priscilla of Boston, a little pricey and a little snappy with us

In Maryland--
    I do I do-- had lots of gowns, although some were used, good prices, nice people to help and gave good advise

Love Coture--small store, saw same dress for cheaper at another store in VA, but they were so pushy, we ended up leaving.

Hope this helps you out some!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a wonderful experience at the Springfield Alfred Angelo store!  Love the dresses!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    weslindaweslinda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!!
  • Options
    bterry80bterry80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi - I'd like to recommned Ann's Bridal in Burke, VA - extensive selection, excellent service, and nice prices - they have coupons and/or sales advertised on their site.  If you need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out...info@biancasamoneevents.com. www.biancasamoneevents.com.

Come to my luxury bridal show next Sat. in DC - admission on me.  Check out the event site: www.aweddingsoiree.com and contact me directly!

Cheers,
    Bianca
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about J Crew?
  • Options
    entilzadelennentilzadelenn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to I Do I Do in MD and the service was AWFUL... they had some pretty strict rules, and the 'consultant' kept steering me away from dresses I liked. (She kept insisting I should have an ivory dress, and have other features I just didn't want.) Also, I thought they were kind of pricey for a consignment store, though the dresses are in very good condition.

Alfred Angelo in Springfield was FANTASTIC though, in terms of customer service, though their dresses are a bit pricey.
  • Options
    ktodonnellktodonnell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a little store in Falls Church called Rosalin's.  It is nothing special from the outside but they have a good selection and the prices are great! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards