Oklahoma

How windy is too windy

I'm getting married this Saturday!! :) We had planned to have an outdoor wedding but I'm starting to wonder how much wind is too much? I know Oklahoma is always windy but the wind speed prediction keeps increasing. It is now estimating 19 mph. Is that too windy to be outside in a dress and for hair to stay in order? In opinions are appreciated!

Re: How windy is too windy

• lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, that's a tough situation. If it were me I would keep it outside (I am DEAD set on having an outdoor wedding even if it is raining in which case I would go buy umbrellas!) If you aren't set on it and you have another location where you could move the wedding inside, then for the sake of your hair in pictures I would move it inside. Do what will make you feel comfortable. I wouldn't worry about your guests so much... they will be fine with a little wind in their hair! Llet us know what you decide!
  • edited December 2011
    Speaking from a photographer's point of view, sometimes the windy shots are the most beautiful!  Veils blowing back in the breeze, and dress ruffling back can make for a stunning picture!  It gives a lot of depth and character.

I say go for it!  Best wishes for your big day!  Exciting times!

-Jenny
    Jhodges Photography-
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards