Snarky Brides

Wake-up! Good Morning!

Oh my goodness am I ever tired this morning. Andplusso, most of you are on holiday. But off to work I go...

Do any of you have amazing plans for your Memorial Day Monday?

Re: Wake-up! Good Morning!

• I wasn't a happy camper when the alarm went off, numbers. Not  a happy camper at all. My girlfriends and I spent the weekend at a chalet in Collingwood for a bachelorette party, and I can tell I'm getting older by the length of recovery time required after weekends away.

Hope all of the Amurricans on the board are having a fantastic long weekend! At least it's raining here, so it's suitable weather for being at work.

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I woke up and discovered 2 mosquito bites on my right butt cheek in the shower :( My allergies are killing me, I had like 4 zombie dreams lastnight, Im STILL pissed off about the hobo and I have a feeling work is going to be balls today. On friday all the guys had meetings and one of them made a comment to me in passing that we had to have a meeting to discuss production and I got the distinct impression I was being blamed for inefficiencies and im hoping im wrong but if Im not Im going to defend myself to the ground.

Blah. Is it the end of June yet? I have 9 days off at the end of June and they cant come fast enough.
  • I think it is hilarious that we Canadians are the only one who have posted here so far...we just need Raynes to complete the group.

Wake up Americans...:)

ps: Steph, when you get here...thanks for your comment on my blog :)

• raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm heeerrrreeee!!  It's grossly humid already.  I'm not excited for the next few days.

But, how 'bout that storm last night?!?!  Awesomeness.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm here too..We are off to a parade and cookout!  It is going to be 92 and sunny today after one CRAPTASTIC weekend.  Thank God!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good morning, Canadians.

We got the news yesterday that the sellers are willing to repair everything we asked for after the home inspection.  We're that much closer to closing.  Yay!

No big plans today, we're going to a cook out later, but that's it.
  • I'm here for a little bit.  My holiday will be spent car shopping since my car is being an assshole.  We probably won't buy because no one has the car we want, so we'll probably put a deposit down so we get the next one that comes in.  Stupid car.

I hope all of you have a great day!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good morning! 

I'm just here watching Coming Home on DVR. 
    I would like to be asleep like FI, but a combo of the people mowing outside, the light coming in and the hotness just wasn't working with sleep.
  • 'morning Canadians!  

It's super humid here already. H and I woke up early to get on the road before the storms.  Then I watched teh weather from home in MN, and there are no storms coming today now. sooo we're just putzing around, avoiding getting in the car for the 4 hour drive.
    Numbers- your'e welcome :)  It's true!
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wake-up-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:22a42fc1-9750-4f0b-8ec1-8380a766ff4ePost:b8841f8b-911e-4383-8b4c-f823a1ea5d38">Re: Wake-up! Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm heeerrrreeee!!  It's grossly humid already.  I'm not excited for the next few days. But, how 'bout that storm last night?!?!  Awesomeness.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

I sat on our front porch for about an hour watching it, I was totally blissed out. There were a few bolts though that hit really close and the crack nearly scared the life out of me. It was beautiful.
  • edited May 2011
    Nebb - Your siggy pic is fantastic. 

I'm going to the gym in a minute for yoga, then later today I have ultimate frisbee practice and a cookout with my team. 

I guess I had never thought about it, but I didn't realize Memorial Day wasn't a holiday in Canada.  For my own education, what are the major holidays in Canada?  (Christmas, Easter, not the 4th of July...)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Morning Canadian Ladies!

Shay- Good Luck with the car search. What are you looking for?

Yay, for a new house Pirate.

Yesterday I spent at a nursery picking up plants. But most of my planting is done. And DH planted the tree we bought last week.

Today we are going on a MC ride with the neighbors up to the lake, should be a good day. Have a good day ladies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good morning! Neither DH nor I left the house yesterday and I didn't even bother showering. It was that lazy of a day. I am up early (for a holiday) because I am bored to tears and need to get some work done before I go back to work tomorrow. Of course, I've just been catching up on my knotting so far. 

Today I will grill some burgers and we might go sit at the pool, but DH's skin is really sensitive to sun & Sweat at the same time, so we never stay out for long (I swear he breaks out in hives. its weird). Oh, and its been 100 every day this weekend, so I kinda wanted to stay inside anyway. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Good Morning.

I've been to the cemeteries, and now I'm sitting back and waiting for the storms to pop up.  We had a heck of a house shaking storm at 1am but the heat and humidity is already spiking here.  national weather have us in the middle of the most likely zone to get severe weather today.  So it's sit and watch day. 
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good morning, ladies.
    Another day of yard removation work..Question of the week - will 1,200 sq ft of deck (debris) fit into a 30 yard dumpster?  NO!  I'm so bummed.  We packed that thing to the gills and still have crap left over and will need another roll-off.  Grrr to spending another $300 on removal and not building.

It's supposed to be 71* and windy (45 mph gusts - wtf?) but I found some steaks on sale so we're grilling later.

Have a great day, everyone!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Morning. I'm enjoying my day off. Slept in, eating leftover beer cheese soup from our stop at our favorite restaurrant. Seriously the best soup and sandwiches ever. I'm going to try to get some writing done in a bit too.

I am anxiously awaiting some teaser pics from our photo shoot yesterday. I'm not sure if he's sending me a few of the headshots or from the TTD, but either way I hope he sends them today like he said he was hoping to.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wake-up-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:22a42fc1-9750-4f0b-8ec1-8380a766ff4ePost:77958e0c-b5df-43af-b9a7-7cd0d40575d1">Re: Wake-up! Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake-up! Good Morning! : And then you will AW them yes?  Pretty please?
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

But of course! He said it will take about a week for all of them. He took probably close to 400, and he goes through and edits them but also takes his favorites and makes them black and white, and sepia. Then he'll mail us the CD. We scrolled through them on his camera and there are a couple I know I want to get framed. H looks damn good, like a pirate.
  • Oh! And in other news, I am currently debating with my father and his GF on FB why the Hangover and The Hangover 2 are not appropriate for a 7 and 11 year-old child. They are deciding between taking the kids to see Pirates 4 or the Hangover 2. How is that even a debate? Maybe I'm a prude, but a 7 year-old kid does not need to be seeing the Hangover movies.
  • rhon, the funny thing is that all their friends have "liked" my responses but they are still arguing that it's fine. I love my dad, but he makes some seriously stupid decisions sometimes.
  • Yeah Sesh, definitely agree with you - no Hangover for the kids! 

Hey Ladies, this is a P&R. We're spending today cleaning my old apartment for my final walk through tomorrow. H (ooo first time using it on here!) said if we get it done and clean up all the wrapping paper from opening gifts yesterday, he'll take me to see Hangover 2. 

Hope you ladies all have a great day!
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Morning ladies! I am headed to work in a while.

It is still raining, and has been for a week. I can't remember a Memorial Day weekend when it didn't rain, actually. I spent the weekend fighting this sinus infection and reading. Yesterday I read all of "Communion" by Whitely Streiber. Anyone ever read it?
     OMG. So fucking scary. And of course, I dreamed about aliens all night long.
  • Sesh, I don't think a 7 year old has any business seeing the pirate movie either. There were some kids for abirthday party when I went (maybe 11 or 12) and I was embarrassed for their parents during some of the scenes. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Sesh-Cant wait to see how the pictures turned out. And I have to agree Hangover 1 or 2 is no place for a 7 & 11 year old. I know my ex and I watched everything before DS was allowed to watch movies we thought might be questionable.
  • Good morning. I am relaxing today. We picked Guinness up from the kennel last night, so he is determined that I will do nothing today but sit on the couch and cuddle with him.
  • Good morning everyone.

I am stuck at work today *grumble* and FI leaves today for work :( double ouch.

On a good note though, in just a few more days I have a very good friend coming to see me from California! I haven't seen her in  years.

OH! I made cupcakes in a jar over the weekend and they turned out ridiculously cute and yummy :)
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wake-up-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:22a42fc1-9750-4f0b-8ec1-8380a766ff4ePost:566cc2b9-b4f2-4461-8401-689887eb8521">Re: Wake-up! Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE] OH! I made cupcakes in a jar over the weekend and they turned out ridiculously cute and yummy :)
    Posted by undyingmizery[/QUOTE]

Which ones did you make?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wake-up-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:22a42fc1-9750-4f0b-8ec1-8380a766ff4ePost:2e4e145f-5c6c-4eac-ba2f-9393b4b00473">Re: Wake-up! Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake-up! Good Morning! : Which ones did you make?
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

I made Neapolitan and a chocolate with chocolate filling and caramel chocolate icing. I will be doing the pink lemonade ones next weekend for my friend and our kids :)
  • Gewd barely morning. I'm about to give going out for a bike ride another shot; yesterday I made it to the top of the hill outside our apartment complex before I felt like I was going to throw up and my legs felt like jelly. It was embarrassing. I'm hoping the nausea is just because I forgot to eat or drink anything before we went out and it was 90 degrees. Today I'm getting in my carbs and protien, and a couple glasses of water first. 

I'm also super excited for August. H and I are going down to Texas with SILs for a camping trip. We're going floating down some big river near Austin and it's going to be awesome. So I've got two months to get my ass in gear so I don't look gross in my new bikini. Weeee.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wake-up-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:22a42fc1-9750-4f0b-8ec1-8380a766ff4ePost:6a8b7322-d09d-4417-aa11-11606cd8d342">Re: Wake-up! Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm also super excited for August. H and I are going down to Texas with SILs for a camping trip. We're going floating down some big river near Austin and it's going to be awesome. So I've got two months to get my ass in gear so I don't look gross in my new bikini. Weeee.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Are you possibly going to the Colorado river? If so that is a beautiful river :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wake-up-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:22a42fc1-9750-4f0b-8ec1-8380a766ff4ePost:0692324e-11c6-48bb-b22e-900c843a2551">Re: Wake-up! Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake-up! Good Morning! : Are you possibly going to the Colorado river? If so that is a beautiful river :)
    Posted by undyingmizery[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Doesn't look like it. This is the link to the google map if it works.</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=texas+map&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Texas,+United+States&gl=ca&ll=29.661206,-98.0686&spn=0.121124,0.222988&z=13">Link</a></div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards