Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Bridal Shows/Expos

Are any of you going to be attending the Perfect Wedding Guide bridal show this weekend in Baton Rouge? This will be the first bridal show I've been to and I just wanted to know what to expect. I saw on their website (pwgla.com) that they are doing a diamond cake dig or something similar. What is that? Do you have to pay an extra fee to be involved with that or do all brides get to participate? It doesn't seem like everyone gets to participate based on the pictures on the website.

One of the tips on the website is to bring printed labels with your name, wedding date, email address and mailing address. Does this help when you are filling out the information?

I'm also planning to bring my fiance with me. Do many grooms attend? I don't want him to be bored.

Re: Bridal Shows/Expos

• edited December 2011
    There are a few grooms, but not a whole lot. My husband didn't go to the bridal shows with me... and I don't feel like I needed him there for anything.

The label thing is a great idea (wish I'd done it) BUT!!!! I would suggest you only give your phone number to vendors you're serious about (I've been getting calls from Celebrity China every few weeks even now that I'm married). Also, create a new email address JUST for wedding stuff so you can avoid unwanted spam in your regular email.

The diamond dig (as it was when I went) is something you either pay to participate in, or you win one of the many games or raffles and it includes a pass for the cake dig.

Bring a friend and have a great time! It was so much fun when I went... very big, but there were lots of vendors and even though I had a lot booked already at the time... it was just so much fun to be one of the brides. Laughing

Oh, I almost forgot-- wear comfortable shoes!
    Anniversary
  • SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your advice Mrs. Jeana. I see that you recently got married. Congrats!

I already made an email account specifically for wedding related things and I am  SO glad I did. I didn't plan to put my phone number on my label because I personally hate talking on the phone. I prefer email because it seems so much easier.

Hopefully I'll win something! I only have my venue (who comes with a caterer) and my photographer so hopefully I'll have a great experience and get many ideas.

Thanks again for your help! Wink
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the congrats!

If you have any other questions, let me know. I went to the last Perfect Wedding Guide show. It was HUGE and so much fun!
    Anniversary
  • SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so mad at myself. I wasn't paying attention and I gave my phone number to that stupid celebrity china place. I've already gotten 3 voicemails from the company telling me that I've won a gift or something along those lines. I wonder if I tell them that I'm not interested if they will leave me alone?
  • edited December 2011
    HA! That's funny. You can try telling them you're not interested. They've slowed down on calling me since every time they called I told them we were busy.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards