Destination Weddings Discussions

2011 Cruise GTG

I am currently working with Carnival Cruise to put together a cruise for November of 2011.  (Brian promised me a cruise once a year, so I'm rolling with it!!)

Some of us have been discussing Cruise GTG's so I thought I'd open it up to everyone who is interested. 

The cruise we're looking at is a 7 day out of Los Angeles; Sunday to Sunday.  Ports of call is Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas. 

The cost is approximately $479 plus taxes and fees which will bring the total to roughly $550 per person, double occupancy.  Remember, this includes all of your meals!  Alcohol is not included.

Our group will also be entitled to a $100 per cabin on board ship credit ($50 per person double occupancy).

I am still working out the details with them, but haven't locked into this booking.  Once I do, the minimum of $250 per person deposit will be needed to book your cabins within 30 to 60 days from the time I book the cruise.  You will then have until September of 2011 to pay off the balance.

If this is something you're interested in doing, please email me so I can put you on the list and send updates once I get things confirmed with Carnival! 

This would be an AWESOME GTG!!!

ETA:  The dates would be Sunday, November 27th thru Sunday, December 4th.

Re: 2011 Cruise GTG

• Wooot!!!  I so am in on this!  Just have to talk FI into it first lol :)
    imageExerciseMilestone Anniversary
  • for whatever reason, my e-mail is down right now so I can't send you an e-mail, but I'm interested so send away once you find something out.

I'd love to hang out with you girls...

rebecca_janiel at sbcglobal dot net
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • That sounds awesome! I'll check with the FI and make sure he's on board with it. 
  • I'll have to be there in spirit - FI has ZERO desire to cruise to Mexico, and I wouldn't be able to leave my peanut at home for a whole week to come by myself.  :-(
  • wow, this sounds amazing and the cost of the cruise is very good, but what will kill me is the airfare from St. Thomas to California. Put me down though and keep me updated and I will see what I can do.
  • Hey Lisa,

Bring her along.  I'll be glad to babysit :) lol!
    imageExerciseMilestone Anniversary
  • I forgot to add, I'll have to ask FI but he's been wanting to go on a cruise for so long that he'll probably say yes - except for the fact that he'll give me this look when I tell him that it's ladies from the knot...

"um, we'll be married after that...why do need to get together with a bunch of knot ladies...they aren't married yet" then it goes into a long story about how there are married people on here...and then he doesn't understand that.

but i'm sure he'll be down.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**

• Anyone is invited whether you're married or not!  The more the merrier!!  It'll be crazy fun though!!  FI's and/or DH's are more than welcomed to come too!! This way they can see that us Knotties are indeed 'real' people!  :)
  • Meghan, I'd be glad to share Kasey with you, or anyone else who is looking for a WONDERFUL form of birth control!  lol
  • I'm in, Shelli!! Well, maybe I should check with FI first, but I'm sure he's in too! Thanks for organizing everything!
  • i would LOVE LOVE LOVE TOO, and to show FI that you ladies are real too would be awesome, but thats gonna be the month after our wedding and honeymoon, and $ wise i dont think we'd be able to do it.
    But i still wanna see updates and pics and all the good stuff!!!
  • Sounds like soo much fun!!!  I'll have to look into the finances... and see if its possible

My Bio
    Our Wedding Day 8/7/10
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would love to but don't know if I can make it happen..  :(  Finances are lower than low right now. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would love to go but like Denise said, airfare from to east coast to the west will kill me. Don't put me down b+ut can you send me the updates, maybe I can join you ladies anyways in the end.

Wedding Bio

New Married Blog
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker ~Pamela&Steven~6.25.2011~PuntaCana,DR~ image
  • so just talk to my FI and he said as long as he's not the only guy (no matter how many times I told him he more than likely wouldn't be), he's down to go.

So as long as nothing comes up that's really going to eat into our bank account, we'll go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That sound amazing!!!  Wish I could but since our DW is in 2011 I know we need to save all the $$ we can!!!  Have a blast!!! 
  • I would love too!  FI is usually grouchy from work during the week so maybe I'll wait til this weekend to see if he'd be interested.  We've been talking about a vacation for next year anyways and we were going to do a road trip then realized it would be more expensive then we thought.  This would be perfect!
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • ok..... FI said we can't really afford it, but I'm going to say maybe, I may have a few tricks up my sleeve.....

FI also said, but we're getting married in a month, so you won't be on the board any more after that....
    hahahahahaha....  silly FI!!!
    My Bio
    Our Wedding Day 8/7/10
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh, I would love to go!!  I'm not sure if I'll be able to though, but add me to the list. I probably won't be able to convince Matthew to go, but who knows? We've never talked about cruising before. Anyone else going without their S/O?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think I'll be able to make it, ladies, but it sounds like a great idea! I also think that the PA --> CA airfare would be too much for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards