Canada-Alberta

Hi Calgary Brides!

Just curious how many of us are here??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi Calgary Brides!

• Me!!! Lurking, slightly. Checking to see how active the local boards are and [not surprisingly] they're dead. :[
    Phoenix - August 19, 2006
    Avery - March 16, 2011

October 2013 BMB
    February Siggy Challenge: Valentine's Day Fail
    Chart | Fruit | Oct 2013 EDD list
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:c34aeded-7b5e-4cca-9d17-405c983fb12e">Re:Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Me!!! Lurking, slightly. Checking to see how active the local boards are and [not surprisingly] they're dead. :[
    Posted by losersaidwhat[/QUOTE]
    Not surprising at all! But that's okay...I'm glad someone else is here! :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey ladies!  I'm here too... totally a lurker, newly engaged, but been a Knottie forever.  I helped my sis-in-law plan their wedding, and became a Knot addict! :)

So, how far along is everyone (all two of you Smile) in the planning?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm here as well.  I expected way more on this board.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm getting married in Banff but am from Calgary! :)

The wedding is in August 2013 and things are going pretty well so far. We have booked venues, hired a photographer, ordered my dress, have made (but not sent) our save-the-dates, picked out (but not ordered) our invitations, started buying decor items (boxing day!), registered, booked honeymoon flights and have ordered all of the attire for the bridal party. One thing at a time - now we are looking at the music! I'm really enjoying the planning process - only went bridesmaids dress shopping yesterday and it was a blast! Two of them were able to come from out of town and it was fun for everybody to meet each other.

• We aren't getting married until September 2014 (we got engaged in December and we need time to save)! All we've done thus far is decide on a date (Sept 6, 2014). I would like to start doing more, even though it's early...so I don't have a chance to stress about it, but my fiance seems to feel like it's too early, so not much has been talked about yet. Well, actually, we've decided on colors (purple and silver) and talked a bit about our wedding party, and I think I've decided on a dress - I saw it on Etsy like a year ago and it's very unique and "me", I've been told, so it will probably be the one I end up choosing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a Calgary bride too, I expected this board to be buzzing but it's usually pretty slow.  Excited for the fairs this month!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:f3b25ce5-0f87-4d14-a621-a3475d516636">Re: Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a Calgary bride too, I expected this board to be buzzing but it's usually pretty slow.  Excited for the fairs this month!!
    Posted by CandCWedding2013[/QUOTE]
    Ooh me too! I'm going on the 20th with my sisters, stepmom, and MIL-to-be! I went a few years ago with my best friend when she got married, it was a blast!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • XoxbreanneXoxbreanne member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Hi! Saw this forum and figured I would introduce myself! I feel like I am quite a young bride on this site... I'm only 22.. I got engaged over the holidays as a complete surprise and my fiance and I are set to be married on December 28th, 2013!! I've already booked my venue and photographer, and have a meeting with an officiant set up and then I can relax for a little while! Cannot wait to go to the wedding fair on the 20th!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:bc97297a-c936-4f73-94c7-d25c945c18e9">Re: Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! Saw this forum and figured I would introduce myself! I feel like I am quite a young bride on this site... I'm only 22.. <strong>I got engaged over the holidays as a complete surprise and my fiance and I are set to be married on December 28th, 2013!</strong>! I've already booked my venue and photographer, and have a meeting with an officiant set up and then I can relax for a little while! Cannot wait to go to the weeding fair on the 20th!
    Posted by Xoxbreanne[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>CONGRATS!! </div><div>Wow you've done a lot in a short amount of time! Good job!!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:bc97297a-c936-4f73-94c7-d25c945c18e9">Re: Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! Saw this forum and figured I would introduce myself! I feel like I am quite a young bride on this site... I'm only 22.. I got engaged over the holidays as a complete surprise and my fiance and I are set to be married on December 28th, 2013!! I've already booked my venue and photographer, and have a meeting with an officiant set up and then I can relax for a little while! Cannot wait to go to the wedding fair on the 20th!
    Posted by Xoxbreanne[/QUOTE]
    Haha jeez! Calm down!<div>Congrats though....on getting engaged AND on making me feel old (I'll be 25 this year)!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting married in Sept 2014 too.  We got engaged at the end of November, and we're in the process of building a new house, so we're focusing on that first, then working on the wedding!

And seriously, both of you kind of suck... I just turned 27! :)

Congrats ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:534cdbaa-1619-4520-a4e2-269a791bb4f4">Re: Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married in Sept 2014 too.  We got engaged at the end of November, and we're in the process of building a new house, so we're focusing on that first, then working on the wedding! And seriously, both of you kind of suck... I just turned 27! :) Congrats ladies!
    Posted by miss_nix[/QUOTE]
    Oh yay!! Do you have any idea about venues yet? I've spoken to some other fall 2014 brides who already have theirs booked and I have NO idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:2e7c4045-4048-44ce-b756-fbf468737a0d">Re: Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi Calgary Brides! : Oh yay!! Do you have any idea about venues yet? I've spoken to some other fall 2014 brides who already have theirs booked and I have NO idea.
    Posted by MRSreadcomicbooks[/QUOTE]

We have a few ideas, haven't gone to check anything out though. I'm really leaning towards the Cochrane Ranche House, and they don't book until 18 months out. I think we're going to go that a look in the next month or so. Are you thinking about staying in the city? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:ca7cba28-ed28-45e8-851d-73f50cd3a674">Re: Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi Calgary Brides! : Haha jeez! Calm down! Congrats though....on getting engaged AND on making me feel old (I'll be 25 this year)!

It all honestly happened by fluke. I'm not one of those crazy need everything done now people! I promise! Haha
    I'm a full time student and a full time nanny,so when the opportunity came to look at stuff and I liked it, I had to book it while my schedule allowed me to think of it. The next 3 months and then the last 5 months before my wedding will be non-stop school for my second degree.
  • Hi Ladies!

I, too am from Calgary. Although we are getting married in the Fabulous Las Vegas! However, I am required to have a Calgary reception. So I booked our calgary reception at Country Hills Golf Club. They have a great rate for the room and what you get, with NO food and beverage minimums. :) 

There is a good group on FB I go on, where brides from all over the world chat about ideas and what they are doing and get honest opinions. Its more active then on here. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:023fec3d-058b-4ea0-a453-b2d808063734">Re: Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi Calgary Brides! : We have a few ideas, haven't gone to check anything out though. I'm really leaning towards the Cochrane Ranche House, and they don't book until 18 months out. I think we're going to go that a look in the next month or so. Are you thinking about staying in the city? 
    Posted by miss_nix[/QUOTE]
    Oh, that sounds nice, actually...and Cochrane isn't inconvenient at all for people who live in the city, or of course for visiting guests...good idea!<div>We'll probably stay in the city. We don't have a lot of guests who actually live here, now that I think about it...most of them are within a 3 hour drive, so it doesn't really matter where we have it!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:3f61733a-126c-4bdf-8862-46c175c47e04">Re: Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies!  I, too am from Calgary. Although we are getting married in the Fabulous Las Vegas! However, I am required to have a Calgary reception. So I booked our calgary reception at Country Hills Golf Club. They have a great rate for the room and what you get, with NO food and beverage minimums. :)  There is a good group on FB I go on, where brides from all over the world chat about ideas and what they are doing and get honest opinions. Its more active then on here.  <a href="https://www.facebook.com/groups/goteambride/" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/groups/goteambride/</a>
    Posted by KikiMira[/QUOTE]
    Oooh Country Hills Golf Club would be pretty nice! I'll have to look into that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:8fc8f6e2-21b7-40c7-86f3-696dc21352b4">Re: Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi Calgary Brides! : Oooh Country Hills Golf Club would be pretty nice! I'll have to look into that.

<div>Yes you should. They have a great rate, way cheaper then most new community halls. They also included tables and linens... :) I highly recommend it. :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:6ffa26b4-5e75-4f16-935c-1697e52b3782">Re: Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hi Calgary Brides! : Yes you should. They have a great rate, way cheaper then most new community halls. They also included tables and linens... :) I highly recommend it. :)
    Posted by KikiMira[/QUOTE]
    Thanks so much! I'm going to start comparing venues with my fiance after the Wedding Fair this weekend - I'm hoping to get a lot more information on things there, so we can actually sit down and talk about things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to the Bridal Fantasy last weekend and booked our local Officiant! I was a bit disappointed with the turn out of vendors at the Bridal Fantasy, so hopefully the Wedding Fair is better. 
  • Hey ladies!

I was at Chapters on Thursday, and found a little gem!  It's the Calgary Bridal Guide, it's a little book with a ton of vendors, including 350+ venues, a BUNCH I hadn't thought of!  It was with the bridal mags and it's awesome!!  Just thought I'd share my find!

Happy Wedding Fair tomorrow Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just joined. Got engaged in November and the wedding will probably be in Edmonton - where my fiancé is from. Lots of great material on this site. I can't wait to start planning.
  • Did everyone enjoy the wedding fair?

I went with my sisters, stepmom, and future MIL...it was a blast! Got SO much swag. And then went to Chapters with my sister after and picked up a wedding planning book that came with a hole punch, pocket pages, and stuff like that. Spent a couple hours when I got home hole-punching all the brochures and everything and organizing them into my book! I can't wait to sit down with my fiance and look through some of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:959c1c9c-6b18-4a92-a070-697f776e7620">Re: Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did everyone enjoy the wedding fair? I went with my sisters, stepmom, and future MIL...it was a blast! Got SO much swag. And then went to Chapters with my sister after and picked up a wedding planning book that came with a hole punch, pocket pages, and stuff like that. Spent a couple hours when I got home hole-punching all the brochures and everything and organizing them into my book! I can't wait to sit down with my fiance and look through some of it.

Wow!  You are way more organized than me!  All of my stuff is still sitting in the HBC bag they were giving out... :)

I had a blast too!  Got a ton of ideas, and I'm getting even more excited now!!  I was a little bummed to see that awesome Calgary Bridal Guide in the bag as I just paid $12 for it... but oh well!  It doesn't hurt to have two copies!

Happy Planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi All,
    I am a newly engaged Calgary bride and we have just booked Silvertip Golf Course in Canmore for March 15, 2014.   Glad to see some activity on here.  Anyone have any recommendations on wedding planners (week of/ day of) in Canmore area?

On the topic of wedding magazines/ planners, my two best girlfriends used the Real Simple Wedding guide to plan their weddings and loved it.  It has some great checklists and "things to think about" guides.  I found it at Safeway in Mardaloop.

Happy planning!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:ec264cdd-c278-4467-9ff9-b8607d49c7d1">Re: Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi All, I am a newly engaged Calgary bride and we have just booked Silvertip Golf Course in Canmore for March 15, 2014.   Glad to see some activity on here.  Anyone have any recommendations on wedding planners (week of/ day of) in Canmore area? On the topic of wedding magazines/ planners, my two best girlfriends used the Real Simple Wedding guide to plan their weddings and loved it.  It has some great checklists and "things to think about" guides. <strong> I found it at Safeway in Mardaloo</strong>p. Happy planning!
    Posted by alisonsmith27[/QUOTE]

<div>Yay Marda Loop!! </div><div>Welcome and Congrats!</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-alberta_hi-calgary-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:626Discussion:018755d3-4fc1-4987-837a-ff9f82c0ca24Post:9c8e45ee-fe19-4ab8-a982-fdcf9b580500">Hi Calgary Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just curious how many of us are here??

Hiya!  I am DIY bride from Calgary!  We've been engaged for 5 years and are finally tying the knot on July 27th in Bragg Creek.  We are doing a very small (40 ppl) 1950's inspired wedding.  I've been on the site forever but this is the first time I have been on the board.

Anyone know any inexpensive florists?
  • Anyone who's not sure of venues yet, look into Venu1008 in Inglewood! That's where we're getting married in September, and so far it's been an awesome experience, and we're not spending a fortune! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards