Montana

Whitefish/Kalispell/Flathead Valley AMAZING locations?

I'm from Chicago and we're tying to plan a wedding in northwestern Montana. Ideally we'd like to the location to be on a a lake with forests and mountains and awesomeness in the background. I've looked at several places and am not totally wowed by any so far. I found the Montana Island Lodge in Seeley Lake and I love it - but it is so far from any larger "city" that I feel our guests would get bored and anyone who wouldn't fit on the island (they only have 11 guest rooms) would either have to stay in an old motel or far away. We'd probably only have 20-30 people but I think it would be easier and more fun for everyone if it were closer to a larger town with more to do. Any suggestions for secluded, budget friendly locations with mind-blowing scenery?
THANKS SO MUCH for your input!! :)

Re: Whitefish/Kalispell/Flathead Valley AMAZING locations?

• I would check out Mountain Lake Lodge in Bigfork. 

• Thanks so much!! I cheked out "mywedding.com" and they have a much larger list of venues in Montana. This one is on my list to look further into and go see when we go back next summer. I love Flathead Lake so this is perfect! Thank you!!!! 
  • I'm from the Flathead Valley, living in Minneapolis and I'm doing my wedding at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake.  It's beautiful and they have  a lot of options for ceremony/reception.

I too love the Montana Island Lodge.  Truthfully, I wish my wedding was small enough to get married there.  It's such a terrific location, I'm sure your guests would love it!
  • Thanks! We got a great rate and stayed at the Logde at Whitefish Lake last spring and it was beautiful. Even though it is at the top of our budget, we're going back next summer to look at the tent and check it out again. My list of placed to check out is:
    Lodge at Whitefish Lake
    Heaven's Peak Resort
    Glacier National Park (Swiftcurrent Lake or Lake MacDonald Lodge)
    KwaTaqNuk Hotel (Best Western Plus in Polson)
    Montana Lake Lodge 
    Holland Lake Lodge 

Going out to MT next summer to look at all these places..hopefully I won't miss anything beautiful! :)

Thanks again for everyone's input!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_montana_whitefishkalispellflathead-valley-amazing-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:100Discussion:d4b0375e-3702-48bb-a1b1-b0828e6a6caePost:509ffba8-ca42-4e49-8abb-992a2838e183">Re: Whitefish/Kalispell/Flathead Valley AMAZING locations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks! We got a great rate and stayed at the Logde at Whitefish Lake last spring and it was beautiful. Even though it is at the top of our budget, we're going back next summer to look at the tent and check it out again. My list of placed to check out is: Lodge at Whitefish Lake Heaven's Peak Resort Glacier National Park (Swiftcurrent Lake or Lake MacDonald Lodge) KwaTaqNuk Hotel (Best Western Plus in Polson) Montana Lake Lodge  Holland Lake Lodge  Going out to MT next summer to look at all these places..hopefully I won't miss anything beautiful! :) Thanks again for everyone's input!!
    Posted by beardownbchs[/QUOTE]<div>Those look like great spots to checkout.......don't know if I would want to spend my honeymoon with 30+ friends , relatives.......you may want to think remote let the guests commute from the city.........several great spots one hour + away from Missoula, Kalispel, and Sandpoint. Two to check out on the river, surrounded by mountains are Rocky Point Ranch and Quinn's hot springs.

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards