October 2013 Weddings

Heyy :)

So I am new to TK. So far, I have lurked on the E board, and it's not my thing really. So I thought I'd introduce myself on the Oct '13 board! 

My name is Emily, and my FI is Nic. We have been engaged for over a year, and been together for almost 7 years (HS sweethearts). We decided on 2013 because he will be a year out of school and I want an Oct wedding. Our date is 10/5/13 :) So far, we will be having probably about 125 guests, so pretty small. Our venue is pending, but FI's dad runs a well-known DJ company so that is set and "paid" for lol.

Thanks, and hope to get to know everyone!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Heyy :)

• Congrats and welcome! Venue hunting is fun :) And it's great that you already have a DJ!

We are doing the same thing- waiting until fiance is out of school for a bit. It's nice to have so long to plan and get ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on your engagement! The E board is quite intimidating at first, but they do offer a lot of great advice regarding wedding etiquette. I lurk there a lot. This board hasn't been too active, but I'm sure it'll get more active as our dates get closer. Welcome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome! We're wedding twins!

• HELLO! 

I am new too!  Well, actually I have been on TK for awhile, but didn't post anywhere for a long time... I agree, some of the boards are very intimidating!!

Congrats on setting a date!!  I JUST set mine - October 12, 2013 - and booked our reception at a small lodge in a park, so our guest list has to stay at about 150.  I'm really excited about a smaller wedding - it's really important to me to actually KNOW everyone in attendance!  :)  Have fun searching for venues and planning!!
  • I'm totally overwhelmed.  I don't know where to start.  We have a date (10/12/13), and a back-up date (10/5/13).  I'm a perfectionist, so this may be the death of me.

I'm going to the wedding fair this upcoming weekend to hopefully find a place to start.  I know that we have really different ideas on this, and it's freaking me out.

I guess I'm worried that when I make a decision, that I may not be happy with it in the long run.  UffDuh.
  • Hello, I'm pretty new too. My date is also 10/12/2013 so it looks like I have some date twins :) I'm a little overwhelmed in the planning but I'm enjoying it so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also October 12 2013!  Venue contract is coming and I already booked my photographer.  So excited.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • jerseychic24jerseychic24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012

Out date is October 12, 2013 as well. We (well me) have been all about the planning.  We got our venue booked last OCtober.  We just booked the photographer and also the dj who just happens to be a good college friend.  I feel like we have a lot planned but since we are paying for it ourselves I want to know the total amount to save

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards