Marriage License

Hey girls -

I know there has been a couple posts about this lately but I'm not sure the questions I have were included.

1.) What do you have to take with you to the courthouse to apply for the marriage license?  On the website is states just an ID - I just want to make sure we don't need our birth certificates because the post office has them right now to process our passports.  We're making the trip to Pittsburgh tomorrow to hopefully get this taken care of and I just want to double check.  I've been so busy at work today I didn't get to call the Allegheny County Courthouse before the closed.

2.) Do you have to get the marriage license IN the county you're getting married in or the state?  I've heard Allegheny County charges the most and if I can go to the Butler county courthouse that would work also.

Any input would be super helpful! Thanks girls!
Ashley & Tommy

October 2, 2010


186image 145image 0image 41image RSVP Date September 1

Re: Marriage License

  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went a few weeks ago to get ours, and I was worried about the birth certificate thing too.  You don't need it, just an ID. You can get the marriage license in any county, regardless of where you're getting married.  We filled out the form they have online, printed it, and took it with us.  The lady still had to type everything into her computer, but it went much quicker than the people that didn't fill it out - they had to answer every question verbally.  Have fun - it's exciting to get it!

    Here is the Allegheny County website:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    218 invited image 137 accepted image 81 declined image 0 haven't said image
    RSVP Date 7/30/2010
  • Options
    moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    #2 - I asked this on the phone to a person at the Allegheny Court House.

    If you get your license in Butler County, you can still get married in Allegheny. You just have to return the finished and signed license to Butler County.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You just need your IDs.  And CASH!

    And you can go to any county in PA.  HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

    Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards